Jump to content

Moves, Rumours,Judiciary, Injuries ...


Recommended Posts

On 26/03/2021 at 08:48, The Rocket said:

The article definitely said that they were preparing themselves for a suitor, they will want some recognition in the joint venture I assume, be it part of the name or a Bear on the jumper somewhere, even on a sleeve or the chest.

I can`t see why a link up with a Kiwi team mightn`t work, the team would be based in NZ, NSW Cup team based in North Sydney and there would be two junior nurseries. Not so different from Balmain, a tiny suburb one kilometre from Sydney`s CBD and Wests which stretch as far from the city as Campbelltown, the two suburbs really have nothing to do with each other but the joint venture play a couple of games every year at Leichardt to keep the Balmain fans happy. North Sydney oval could serve a similar purpose.

The Bears obviously want to get back in and there is no way the NRL are going to let another team back in Sydney, I can`t see a Sydney club joining up with them especially if it means recognition on the jumper or name, so where are they thinking. Very interesting.

 

Its the only place to watch quality rugby league north of the harbour with the brookvale sea eagles on the road to oblivion (in the words of seargent major .- aint alf hot mum ..oh dear, what a pity, how sad). 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Storm fullback Billy Slater gave a young Rhinos fan a memory he won't forget on Friday night. Following Melbourne's strong win in the 2018 Downer World Club Challenge over Leeds, Slater approache

Some good news  21-year-old Sharks player Fine Kula has been cleared of brain cancer after a tough 10-month fight. Kula, who was a part of the Sharks’ pre-season NRL squad, was diagnosed with Med

Must agree . Sounds like complete desperation , we’ll do anything you want just don’t go 

Posted Images

16 hours ago, DavidM said:

Get rid of reynolds keep Gagai

Gagai is a curious one. Often seems anonymous in games but clearly has ability, as he appears at his best during SOO. He’s reportedly the NRLs most expensive winger at $650k per annum, granted he’s often a centre too. But I don’t think he’s worth that and Reynolds is definitely more valuable 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumours that Jake Friend will announce his retirement this week due to repeated concussions. Worrying times. He says he’s feeling fine but medical experts have concerns. Cordner still out until at least round 12, although he also confirms he feels fine. It feels like a seminal moment for the sport on how we move forward 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Gagai is a curious one. Often seems anonymous in games but clearly has ability, as he appears at his best during SOO. He’s reportedly the NRLs most expensive winger at $650k per annum, granted he’s often a centre too. But I don’t think he’s worth that and Reynolds is definitely more valuable 

To me they’re both curious ones and Souths could lose both . I agree about Gagai , but I’ve never been a Reynolds fan . I was listening to Braith Anasta last night and he said exactly what I’ve said before . Reynolds does fine in a dominant side , but when they’re not he sinks with them whereas the best halves  lift their team . He ran for 5 metres in 3 games , he’s hardly any threat at all with ball in hand . He plays tidily passing and kicking , which is fine to a level but in many really big games what he has hasn’t been enough for years .  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DavidM said:

To me they’re both curious ones and Souths could lose both . I agree about Gagai , but I’ve never been a Reynolds fan . I was listening to Braith Anasta last night and he said exactly what I’ve said before . Reynolds does fine in a dominant side , but when they’re not he sinks with them whereas the best halves  lift their team . He ran for 5 metres in 3 games , he’s hardly any threat at all with ball in hand . He plays tidily passing and kicking , which is fine to a level but in many really big games what he has hasn’t been enough for years .  

What Reynolds does do though is excellent and he’s a key cog for the Souths, complementing the likes of Walker and Cook who have great running games and Mitchell as well. You need different types of halves and Reynolds and Walker just click as a pair so I wouldn’t break them up. Reynolds is the general controlling games, who else would they look to do that job? 

To me, Walker is the half that more often goes missing when the going gets tough 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

What Reynolds does do though is excellent and he’s a key cog for the Souths, complementing the likes of Walker and Cook who have great running games and Mitchell as well. You need different types of halves and Reynolds and Walker just click as a pair so I wouldn’t break them up. Reynolds is the general controlling games, who else would they look to do that job? 

To me, Walker is the half that more often goes missing when the going gets tough 

Yes I get that it’s a valid counterpoint 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 Newcastle Knights will be scrambling to field a team this week after confirming a number of injuries from the weekend.

Mitchell Pearce, Tex Hoy and Kurt Mann are all casualties of the loss against the Dragons in Round 4.

  • Pearce has sustained a ruptured pectoral which will require surgery and is facing 10-12 weeks on the sidelines.
  • Fill-in fullback Hoy suffered a hamstring strain and is likely to be sidelined between two to four weeks.
  • While Mann left the field early in the second half for a HIA assessment and has since failed which will see him miss the Knights next match.
  •  Dominic Young is another loss from the weekend after suffering a knee injury in the first half of the Knights NSW Cup match.

He’s awaiting further opinion specialists before knowing when his return to play will be.

Knights Round 5 match is against the Gold Coast Titans at Cbus Super Stadium on Saturday afternoon. So who will you be tipping in that one? 😵

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/04/2021 at 10:27, Anita Bath said:

Its the only place to watch quality rugby league north of the harbour with the brookvale sea eagles on the road to oblivion (in the words of seargent major .- aint alf hot mum ..oh dear, what a pity, how sad). 

 

Plucky paraphrase. The verbatim quote is - "Oh dear, how sad, never mind".

Link to post
Share on other sites

After weeks of deliberation, Sydney Roosters co-captain Jake Friend has announced his immediate retirement from the NRL due to concussion concerns. The 31-year-old three-time premiership winner said he made the decision after extensive medical advice following a third concussion in less than six months.

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Graham said:

After weeks of deliberation, Sydney Roosters co-captain Jake Friend has announced his immediate retirement from the NRL due to concussion concerns. The 31-year-old three-time premiership winner said he made the decision after extensive medical advice following a third concussion in less than six months.

Best of luck to him, and I hope his long-term health doesn't suffer.

  • Like 2

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Canterbury prop Jack Hetherington is facing at least five weeks on the sideline after he was sent off for a high shot on Cowboys fullback Valentine Holmes.

Hetherington will be suspended for five matches even if he takes the early guilty plea.

If he goes to the judiciary and is unsuccessful in fighting it he is looking at six weeks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cronulla has confirmed the signing of veteran centre Will Chambers for the remainder of the NRL season.

Chambers, 32, hasn’t played professional rugby league since leaving Melbourne at the end of the 2019 season and heading to play rugby overseas.

He will now join the Sharks to add some depth and experience to the backline.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jackson Hastings is set to return to the NRL with the Wests Tigers expected to sign the Super League playmaker on a two-year deal.

The Sydney Morning Herald reports a formal announcement could be made within the next 48 hours, with Hastings tipped to join the club next season.

Wigan are reported to be firm on not releasing Hastings before the end of the season at this stage.

Billy Walters reportedly looking at moving to the Broncos at the end of the year alongside father and coach Kevin.

Meanwhile, Moses Mbye is also expected to depart the club (Wests Tigers)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Graham said:

Canterbury prop Jack Hetherington is facing at least five weeks on the sideline after he was sent off for a high shot on Cowboys fullback Valentine Holmes.

Hetherington will be suspended for five matches even if he takes the early guilty plea.

If he goes to the judiciary and is unsuccessful in fighting it he is looking at six weeks.

They should let him off, just because it was Holmes 😎

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Graham said:

Cronulla has confirmed the signing of veteran centre Will Chambers for the remainder of the NRL season.

Chambers, 32, hasn’t played professional rugby league since leaving Melbourne at the end of the 2019 season and heading to play rugby overseas.

He will now join the Sharks to add some depth and experience to the backline.

Any indication of how he’s gone over in yawnion? Didn’t he go to Japan? Why’s he coming back? Thought that would be a good payday for him

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Any indication of how he’s gone over in yawnion? Didn’t he go to Japan? Why’s he coming back? Thought that would be a good payday for him

Rugby Union was a victim of COVID restrictions in Japan with the season halted.

I take it then that NRL became attractive to return to.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Graham said:

Canterbury prop Jack Hetherington is facing at least five weeks on the sideline after he was sent off for a high shot on Cowboys fullback Valentine Holmes.

Hetherington will be suspended for five matches even if he takes the early guilty plea.

If he goes to the judiciary and is unsuccessful in fighting it he is looking at six weeks.

He really is a loose cannon . Not sure how you coach him . Barrett always looks like ‘ what the hell can I do with this shower ‘

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Graham said:

Cronulla has confirmed the signing of veteran centre Will Chambers for the remainder of the NRL season.

Chambers, 32, hasn’t played professional rugby league since leaving Melbourne at the end of the 2019 season and heading to play rugby overseas.

He will now join the Sharks to add some depth and experience to the backline.

Chambers and Dugan ... awesome . The Sharks really need a big overhaul , I wish fitzgibbon good luck sorting them out ( I don’t really )

Edited by DavidM
Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam Reynolds - Where now?

Two new reports have emerged surrounding Rabbitoh Adam Reynolds’ future.

The star halfback looks all but certain to depart South Sydney as the club refuses to budge on a one-year offer as the 30-year old seeks a longer deal.

According to Fox Sports’ James Hooper, the Cronulla Sharks are now in the box seat to secure his services following Chad Townsend’s reported move to the Cowboys.

Having previously been linked to Reynolds, the Sharks are now reportedly making contingency plans surrounding Townsend’s exit and Reynolds is firmly in their sights.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...