Dewsbury 28 Featherstone 38 - discussion, report, highlights

DewsburyRams4ever

Sometimes the eyes can't see what they don't want to.

Pardon me for taking an interest.

I assume the Rams have somebody who records match statistics (tacklers, dropped ball, yards gained etc) and GM would analyse the match dvds for similar information.

But perhaps I'm wrong and GM should trust in the stalwarts in the South Stand whose 20/20 vision is free from all bias and "favourites".

If this experiment is successful the club could then dispense with the services of a Head Coach (saving a salary to further expand the squad). The Amber Ribbon could even organize a weekly fund-raising initiative - everyone selects a team at £5 each week, MS performs the draw on the Friday, in time to inform the RFL.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume the Rams have somebody who records match statistics (tacklers, dropped ball, yards gained etc) and GM would analyse the match dvds for similar information.

But perhaps I'm wrong and GM should trust in the stalwarts in the South Stand whose 20/20 vision is free from all bias and "favourites".

If this experiment is successful the club could then dispense with the services of a Head Coach (saving a salary to further expand the squad). The Amber Ribbon could even organize a weekly fund-raising initiative - everyone selects a team at £5 each week, MS performs the draw on the Friday, in time to inform the RFL.

And we could close down all fans' forums whilst we're at it. Don't you like other people to have opinions that differ from your own?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Don't you like other people to have opinions that differ from your own?

In the words of Mrs Hitler "No"

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

And we could close down all fans' forums whilst we're at it. Don't you like other people to have opinions that differ from your own?

Don't be silly, BSJ.

I didn't say fans aren't entitled to their opinions - even when at odds with mine - or allowed to whine and moan as much as they like. They've paid their brass.

I was merely questioning how much attention the coach should pay to those opinions. I suggest that GM will have his own opinions as to his players' strengths & weaknesses, presumably based on better knowledge than the typical supporter, who only sees 17 players 80 minutes a week (assuming they attend home & away).

Consider Mr Pryce.

When I first saw him play, I can't say I was terribly impressed. A view shared by many of your lot at the time. Now he seems to be in most of your preferred "team of the week." GM obviously saw more clearly than the rest of us that his (KP) abilities would become apparent sooner or later.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

Well it seemed to work for your lot at the death in the Thornton era

And I'm sure most batley fans had an idea of the team he should play

Archived