Dewsbury 28 Featherstone 38 - discussion, report, highlights

DewsburyRams4ever

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is who I would pick for Friday's game.

• PRYCE
  • MORTON
  • GRADY
  • CROOKES
  • GRANT
  • WILDIE
  • THACKERAY
  • JACKSON
  • HEMMINGWAY
  • HEPWORTH
  • ADAMSON (L)
  • HALE
  • BROWN
  • HYDE
  • FARRELL
  • HAGGARTY
  • AIZUE
Hyde should be at full back as Pryce as not been named in the 19 for Friday,but looks pretty strong team without him.

Hyde should be at full back as Pryce as not been named in the 19 for Friday,but looks pretty strong team without him.

Pryce is injured. I'd have Toby Adamson,Godwin & Spicer in my 17,I'd definitely drop Dale Morton especially after that poor effort of a tackle on Newcastle winger last Sunday,I'd bring Buchanan in!!

Not sure I'd drop Morton but surely it's time to swap the wingers around and put Grant on the other wing?

Difficult decisions around the pack but think rob spicer has to be in for his tackling.

I wonder if this will be the team which runs onto the field?

1 Hyde

2 Morton

3 Grady

4 Crookes

5 Grant

6 Wildie

7 Thackeray

8 Haggarty

9 Hemingway

10 Hepworth

11 Spicer

12 Hale

13 Brown

14 Godwin

15 Adamson (L)

16 Jackson

17 Aizue

Farrell and Adamson (T)

This is probably the best we can turn out at the moment, even so, I think Rovers will be too good for us, given our recent performances.

Dewsbury 16 - 28 Featherstone

FTS: Brown

MoM: Hepworth

Att: 1437

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Hi CF

Your team doesnt include Farrell and so isnt the best team we can turn out at the moment.  I have being trying to suggest we need Wagga in the team but to be honest I think this now applies to young Joel.  i am starting to see him make the sort of difference that Tommy G did.  When he goes off and comes on you notice the difference straight away. He also gets us a few penalties by getting under the oppos skin.

I would also swap Jackson for Toby Adamson.

Interestingly the bookies have us to win by 8.  I suspect they didnt go to Hunslet but lets hope they are right....

This is probably the best we can turn out at the moment, even so, I think Rovers will be too good for us, given our recent performances.

You might well be right CF, but look at it this way Is the bubble bursting over Featherstone way? They have received a good hiding from two out of the 3 teams they should be running with (Bradford & Leigh) plus 2 far from convincing score lines against Donny and Whitehaven IMO. 

Although we look a bit scratchy ourselves personally I think we can do em tonight. Fingers crossed!

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

Hi CF

Your team doesnt include Farrell and so isnt the best team we can turn out at the moment.  I have being trying to suggest we need Wagga in the team but to be honest I think this now applies to young Joel.  i am starting to see him make the sort of difference that Tommy G did.  When he goes off and comes on you notice the difference straight away. He also gets us a few penalties by getting under the oppos skin.

Interestingly the bookies have us to win by 8.  I suspect they didnt go to Hunslet but lets hope they are right....  wrong way round mate 

Say's in YP/YEP that Luke Adamson has broken his jaw ? 

Was it in Workington game ?  or have paper misquoted Mr Morrison ?

Will a replacement player be allowed into the 19 man squad or is it hard lines and its now an 18 man squad ? 

Hi CF

Interestingly the bookies have us to win by 8.  I suspect they didnt go to Hunslet but lets hope they are right....

Nick, I have tried to read Morro's mind with my selection and leaving out Farrell was done so he can be ready for the Easter games. I think your comments are justified though.

Now if Luke Adamson has broken his jaw, one wonders why he is part of the nineteen man squad. I would have thought any such damage would have come to light before the club had to register the team for tonight's fixture.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

You might well be right CF, but look at it this way Is the bubble bursting over Featherstone way? They have received a good hiding from two out of the 3 teams they should be running with (Bradford & Leigh) plus 2 far from convincing score lines against Donny and Whitehaven IMO.

Although we look a bit scratchy ourselves personally I think we can do em tonight. Fingers crossed!

Maybe it will depend upon how many DR's Fev play?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I reckon it will just come down to who performs to their potential. We saw what we are capable of against Sheffield and Fev comfortably beat fax at their gaff. If we play as we can we are capable of the win but wouldn't be betting on it either way.

I reckon it will just come down to who performs to their potential. We saw what we are capable of against Sheffield and Fev comfortably beat fax at their gaff. If we play as we can we are capable of the win but wouldn't be betting on it either way.

Be careful steam will be coming out of Blues Ox's ears saying that we (Fev) beat them comfortably.

The sheep have one player stop him stop dewsbury

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

Great game, disappointing result. Nobody's fault, not refs nor the players, nor GMs selection. Fev were just faster and better.

At least we know where we stand now. Not top four. Let's concentrate on a good mid table spot.

If doggies do us next week followed by Bradford will be big game at the keepmoat!

Great game, disappointing result. Nobody's fault, not refs nor the players, nor GMs selection. Fev were just faster and better.

At least we know where we stand now. Not top four. Let's concentrate on a good mid table spot.

If doggies do us next week followed by Bradford will be big game at the keepmoat!

How was it not the players fault? Stupid niggling in the tackle, not completing sets and too many mis tackles, not to mention too blooming slow around the ruck.

Too many handling errors, poor marking around the PTB, we let the opposition play the ball far too quickly. Surprised at Grant MOM, thought Hyde did very well. Fev marked Thackray well and were sharper on ATTACK, but both teams need to tighten up defence. Both looked shaky. We missed Pryce, for all his critics.

Highlights for me were the fox running the length of the pitch, Aizue racing across to cover a Fev break, I was hoping he didn't get the Fev player, he'd have crushed him and best of all Hyde quick thinking and excellent kick through for Grants try. Real class.

We just need to focus on avoiding relegation, we are not good enough to be playing full time teams week in, week out.

Good game yesterday and although you didn't win you still played a good game as someone has said we looked faster round the PTB Would also like to comment on your ground it's looking very well now and once you do the other end will look even one of the best Good luck for rest of season

Archived