Training 2night

troutmaster

Well,not much to say on tonights training.An early start tonight with the lads doing some light training,a good turnout from the lads and the only casualty was Karl olstrum but not too sure what is wrong with him,Fafita was in the physio's again with his achilles and only showed up when training was finished.A few lads were missing tonight namely mr McAvoy,tom walker,and young Doran,one is still carrying an injury,tom was at university,and Doran was at training with Wigan.There was a good discussion going on about sundays game,and most of the blame was laid on the players backs,and a lot on the referee, but the consensus was placed on the team overall,a bit of good news was jarrad was back in training along with jason mossop,but the best news was a iyt elliot miller who scored twice for the storm and came through the training session very well.One of the topics came to this weeks game at featherstone,overall we agreed that with all tge players back in the squad we could go down there and give them a game,i myself have been going on about getting a couple of new, or even a couple of season long loans in to freshen up the squad,and one of our directors said they were always looking to see if anyone becomes available and that is good to know.Well thats it lads,sorry there is not a lot of more positive info for you's,but we will have our ears to the ground to see if anything crops up....

I think Wigans time should be about up.

They seem to send who they want when they want. Although I believe we had 1st refusal on Lloyd is it good they send him on loan to our bitter and relegation rivals?

Look at how Betts is helping Whitehaven out with loans and dual reg.

I thought it would be good but it's proving to be very poor.

I hope they prove me wrong and send the likes of Charnley or even O'laughlin who are coming back from injury (his dad Kieron played for us) but can't see it.

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

Well it doesn't look like we will have Sutton this week as he is in the 19 man squad to play HKR on Friday.   The DR system could have been a godsend for us if it had been applied properly with players here for a good length of time but the way it has been this season has turned it into a lottery as to who we get not who we want or need.     It's no use getting a player for an odd match here and there.    Last season we had players here for into the teens of matches so what's changed this year?     They are sending players out on loan that could have been at Town for 2 or 3 months at a time.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

How about a phone call to the Wildcats to see if Sammut is available as he isn't in their squad for this weekend.   He seems to be behind Jacob Miller; Pita Godinet and Tim Smith.    It only takes a phone call!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

I think Wigans time should be about up.

They seem to send who they want when they want. Although I believe we had 1st refusal on Lloyd is it good they send him on loan to our bitter and relegation rivals?

Look at how Betts is helping Whitehaven out with loans and dual reg.

I thought it would be good but it's proving to be very poor.

I hope they prove me wrong and send the likes of Charnley or even O'laughlin who are coming back from injury (his dad Kieron played for us) but can't see it.

Lloyd is about to recalled from the borrowers by wigan due to gellings injury.

i don't know . I've never understood why Lewis isn't made a loan , and guys like Gildart n greenwood are the young types set up for similar . But what happens behind the scenes , and if we ask or get bypassed , we don't know

Lloyd is about to recalled from the borrowers by wigan due to gellings injury.

Wane said that they have Rhodri Lloyd to come back in but he isn't in Wigan's squad for Friday.

And a few £££££ I would say !!!!

Money we would have been spending on bringing Farkas over would cover a few weeks on loan, surely!!!

Money we would have been spending on bringing Farkas over would cover a few weeks on loan, surely!!!

you would certainly think so. I really fear for us if we don't add to the squad.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

you would certainly think so. I really fear for us if we don't add to the squad.

Rumours that the Bulls are sniffing around there as well.  

Archived