Could P & R be against Leigh's interests?

RS

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is the Celtic conundrum, I have never heard of it. Just answer the bloody question.

Oooooh listen her ,

The ' conundrum ' is that Celtic Crusaders ran as a full time team including paying for players houses and cars , and then went and acquired a recent SOO player while in NL 2 , all on the then salary cap of 150 K , bloody clever wouldn't you say ?

What was your question again ?

Oooooh listen her ,

The ' conundrum ' is that Celtic Crusaders ran as a full time team including paying for players houses and cars , and then went and acquired a recent SOO player while in NL 2 , all on the then salary cap of 150 K , bloody clever wouldn't you say ?

What was your question again ?

Have you provided evidence of these silly accusations you are making, I presume you are accusing them of some sort of fiddling of the cap. Therefore by simple logic what you are saying is that Leigh will fiddle the cap because you believe that the Crusaders got away, allegedly by you, with it, so therfore Leigh can fiddle the cap.

To summarise, what you are saying is Leigh are going to cheat. Unless you can explain another way they are going to manage it.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Have you provided evidence of these silly accusations you are making, I presume you are accusing them of some sort of fiddling of the cap. Therefore by simple logic what you are saying is that Leigh will fiddle the cap because you believe that the Crusaders got away, allegedly by you, with it, so therfore Leigh can fiddle the cap.

To summarise, what you are saying is Leigh are going to cheat. Unless you can explain another way they are going to manage it.

What silly accusations

Full time ? Yes

Houses and cars ? Yes

Signed recent SOO player ? Yes

150 K salary cap ? Yes

How you link that with Leigh cheating god only knows , plot seriously lost by you now

Leigh will pay full cap in SL on 5000 gates

We have seen clubs do that before. Its the not going bust doing it which is the issue.

If Leigh can sustainably pay the full cap on 5k crowds, and the average SL crowd is nearly double that, the obvious conclusion is the cap should be higher.

What silly accusations

Full time ? Yes

Houses and cars ? Yes

150 K salary cap ? Yes

How you link that with Leigh cheating god only knows , plot seriously lost by you now

You have not provided any evidence of any of your accusations, so as far as I can see this is just bitter and twisted Leigh paranoia.

Now answer the question, how will Leigh afford to play SL level on full cap with only 5,000 attendances. Come on we are waiting to be told the big secret that other clubs need to know.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

What silly accusations

Full time ? Yes

Houses and cars ? Yes

150 K salary cap ? Yes

not to speak for him, but the obvious reason he linked that to Leigh was because YOU linked it to Leigh to as an clear and obvious distraction. Just like your lie that you didn't know the visa issue was resolved fully.

We have seen clubs do that before. Its the not going bust doing it which is the issue.

If Leigh can sustainably pay the full cap on 5k crowds, and the average SL crowd is nearly double that, the obvious conclusion is the cap should be higher.

Agree, the cap should be higher

Easily

Well go on then explain.

Don't be evasive like your side kick. give us the formulae.

Are you that naive that you expect a business to reveal its formula for eternal life to all and sundry foc, live and learn Gal

Cheating it is then

Well go on then explain.

Don't be evasive like your side kick. give us the formulae.

Well the maths isn't rocket science , Leigh are operating at close to but not up to the Championship salary cap of 1 million , income this year will be around 1.25 million

Central funding alone this year is less than 600K , in SL that would increase by 1.2 million , which shouldn't be an issue to increase salary cap spend by 1 million , giving us a max salary cap spend

Now how Celtic managed to run full time in a similar way to Leigh this year on a 150 K salary cap really is unbelievable

Yes , but looking at our income this year , I doubt our owner has had to put much if anything into the club , and fairly simple maths above outline how things could be financed

your fairly simple maths outlines that apparently outside the playing squad Leighs outgoings total less than 250k. Seems an extraordinarily low amount doesn't it.

Can it not be sustained by input from the owner?

We have been told continually by certain posters in the know (but don't know anything when you ask the questions) that DB is not going to subsidise the club. They will run at break even without his input.

Maybe you'd like to outline them for us , you being such an expert ?

why would I want to outline your made up maths? You aren't even trying to disguise your distraction tactics these days.

It is YOUR very simple maths which states that Leighs outgoings outside the playing staff is less than the extraordinary low amount of £250k. I simply noted it.

Archived