Haven V Town predictions.

town4me

Probably the most important derby match in a while. Home advantage will make them the favourites but that's fine. I think this will go down to who wants it most on the day and I can't see there being a lot in it. Haven 18 Town 22

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up until this weekend given Havens current form I would have said we would be lucky to come away with anything. But I'm much more positive now as in Sammut we have a game winner.

16 - 30 UTT!

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

If we can get Alex in, and hopefully Brett, then I see us beating them. We need to start fast though, town 26 haven 22. Sammut last minute try to become a town Derby legend.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Let's not bother about who will or wont be in Haven's side, our concerns should be our own team and how they perform.   We need to be at the top of our game, jointly, and not having to rely on individual skills to get the win.    Defence has got to be the best we have and no missing easy one on one tackles.   Let Haven do the worrying about us

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Let's not bother about who will or wont be in Haven's side, our concerns should be our own team and how they perform. We need to be at the top of our game, jointly, and not having to rely on individual skills to get the win. Defence has got to be the best we have and no missing easy one on one tackles. Let Haven do the worrying about us

yes it doesn't matter who is playing for them or not it's up to town to be up for the game. Too many winnable games have slipped through our fingers.

As a rugby fan I made the journey over to the hive yesterday and if haven have a full team out town will nead to play 100% above there current form even with sammut in the team. I thought Declan Hulme was outstanding yesterday in the centre, after talking to some fans they believe it's a done deal with whomever he signing for.

As a rugby fan I made the journey over to the hive yesterday and if haven have a full team out town will nead to play 100% above there current form even with sammut in the team. I thought Declan Hulme was outstanding yesterday in the centre, after talking to some fans they believe it's a done deal with whomever he signing for.

Wow 100% better !! haven must have been mighty impressive yesterday.

Town must get off to a good start. Cant afford to wait for a 2nd half performance like yesterday and in particular the last time we played out neighbours. We cannot put too much enphasis on sammut as haven will surely charge him at every opportunity.

Big game from our pack needed. But im optimistic especially after PVs comments in the paper about concentrating on next week.

Haven 24 26 Town

Just my feelings they made a very good London team look average in the first twenty of second half

being down there you won't have seen town match a classy leigh side who took over 20 minutes to register a point and a similar period occurred in the second half and they only managed 3 tries. You will have no doubt missed the bulls game up here where we matched them for much of the game. Just my feelings having watched town against two very good sides both above London standards

Probably the most important derby match in a while. Home advantage will make them the favourites but that's fine. I think this will go down to who wants it most on the day and I can't see there being a lot in it. Haven 18 Town 22

If we manage to win this one without Matty, Brett and our 2 big Aussie recruits, then it would be better than our comeback at Blackpool (and that was fab... u... lous) We would need to step up a couple of gears because they will be smelling blood and keen to avenge the last two disasters. I hate making predictions, so I won't, I just know it will be another gut wrenching afternoon in fat land.  ;)

being down there you won't have seen town match a classy leigh side who took over 20 minutes to register a point and a similar period occurred in the second half and they only managed 3 tries. You will have no doubt missed the bulls game up here where we matched them for much of the game. Just my feelings having watched town against two very good sides both above London standards

haven did the same if not better against those very good sides

came back from 16 nil down v bulls to get it to 16- 16 with 15 mins to go

lead leigh 6-4 after 20 mins and then had chapelhow sent to the bin for leigh to take control

however none of this is relevant , we are not playing these teams we are playing each other, and town do seem to have the hoo doo over us this year.A win for town would mean thy would have beaten us 3 times in the league and still be a point behind which would well you where both haven and town have fell short this season

for town it would be failure to beat those around them at home when it mattered

for haven it would be failure to beat town

all makes for a very interesting game come sunday

haven did the same if not better against those very good sides

came back from 16 nil down v bulls to get it to 16- 16 with 15 mins to go

lead leigh 6-4 after 20 mins and then had chapelhow sent to the bin for leigh to take control

however none of this is relevant , we are not playing these teams we are playing each other, and town do seem to have the hoo doo over us this year.A win for town would mean thy would have beaten us 3 times in the league and still be a point behind which would well you where both haven and town have fell short this season

for town it would be failure to beat those around them at home when it mattered

for haven it would be failure to beat town

all makes for a very interesting game come sunday

yes you did do that alan and makes sunday more of a game with both competing well against top teams. Just informing your fellow fan that town have competed with the top teams too.

I'm a rugby fan too but if they were playing in my back garden I'd close the curtains.

Archived