Town v Broncos

Terry Mac

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How beneficial is a bloke with a "brain and a boot to match" in this league - cannot under estimate this and forber chipping in as well . Will be a nightmare for opposition coaches to prepare for games against Workington now whereas a month or so ago its was a different matter. The impact  a good kicking game has not only on the opposition but on the go forward and energy of the forward pack. I hate to say this but that man is too good for this league ( sorry guys)

Well , the worst team by far had him in the cupboard and never brought him out , so I don't know what was going on there . Maybe this is his level , he can free wheel and enjoy himself and not be subject to the same disciplines and controls as SL . While he's here I hope we worm into his mind and heart and at least try to find a way of working in his bank balance to ! Maybe wishful thinking but we can wish

How beneficial is a bloke with a "brain and a boot to match" in this league - cannot under estimate this and forber chipping in as well . Will be a nightmare for opposition coaches to prepare for games against Workington now whereas a month or so ago its was a different matter. The impact a good kicking game has not only on the opposition but on the go forward and energy of the forward pack. I hate to say this but that man is too good for this league ( sorry guys)

totally agree. He is a joy to watch and has transformed us but should be playing at a higher level as he is quality. I just hope we can get someone similar in on our budget.

Well , the worst team by far had him in the cupboard and never brought him out , so I don't know what was going on there . Maybe this is his level , he can free wheel and enjoy himself and not be subject to the same disciplines and controls as SL . While he's here I hope we worm into his mind and heart and at least try to find a way of working in his bank balance to ! Maybe wishful thinking but we can wish

maybe its the BIg Fish in a Small pond that brings the best out of him ? or maybe the coach is a decent man manager ;)

maybe its the BIg Fish in a Small pond that brings the best out of him ? or maybe the coach is a decent man manager ;)

Or maybe a bit of both!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

In game intelligence, that's what Sammut brings. Something we've lacked for a good few years now. Also the ability to talk a team through a game, coupled with his super league/ NRL class. I remember when Ged Byrne and Phil Mckenzie signed for Town, the effect on the team was similar. Players who undoubtably should've and could've still been at the top but chose to play for us. Hopefully we can afford/ persuade Sammut to stick around for a good few seasons.

Archived