Town v Broncos

Terry Mac

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt it's a tough one but they went to dews and lost the place where we got a point so if we are up for it we can pull it off. They are a club who have blown hot and cold all season so let's hope we catch them cold!

I think with our returning players, and the on field organisation and game control of Sammut we've a decent chance. Something we've been crying out for for years to be honest. I've lost count of the times I've watched Town seemingly in with a shout of a win, to then throw it away with poor in-game choices. I don't think Sammut will do that.

i have a cunning plan.......pinch havens strip........nip into londons changeing room after they have brought in their strip........replace it with havens strip.......town think they are playing haven again............easy win , everybody goes home happy   !!!!

That quote must mean those people coming in are playing , so Miller and Carter must be on the other side to Thornley and Lewis ?

yeah be interesting to see, more finishers in that back line now

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

Big prize available for Town today if they can beat the Broncos and the Rams win at the Rec.   It would make Town favourites for the 8th place in the Championship Shield and guarantee them four home games instead of three for 9th to 12th placed teams.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Cheers's graham. If you just pen haven back with kicks and work in defence you will be ok as we did that and they couldn't get out of their own half.keith yes it's a good opportunity for us today especially as I fancy the rams to win at haven

Big prize available for Town today if they can beat the Broncos and the Rams win at the Rec.   It would make Town favourites for the 8th place in the Championship Shield and guarantee them four home games instead of three for 9th to 12th placed teams.

we'll try our best Keith only thing that worries me is that we've struggled at Whitehaven over recent seasons

Very impressive and dominant performance throughout I thought . Strong start laid the platform , and we thoroughly out - enthused them from minute one . We had more desire . We should have had one or two more tries , and their try was just plain jammy . Second half we kept our nose in front and controlled proceedings . Only the odd error or misread gave them anything . They didn't offer much anywhere really . I thought our middle guys ran strong , especially Shacks , the edge guys were good - particularly Thornley with bullocking runs , and Horton who is a rock , and the back three were outstanding . I'll be gutted if we don't get Lewis as PV intimated . Sammut the jack in the box making tries and producing sublime kicks and touches . He is the spark we've needed . All in all very enthusiastic , strong , defensively solid and really tuned in today . And the final score line flattered them if anything

I think with our returning players, and the on field organisation and game control of Sammut we've a decent chance. Something we've been crying out for for years to be honest. I've lost count of the times I've watched Town seemingly in with a shout of a win, to then throw it away with poor in-game choices. I don't think Sammut will do that.

Surely I've taken mr123's crown! Lol

Very good result - settled side inclusion of some class :)

Maybe MANY of us were wrong about Horton well done to the lad

To use one of your tactics I did say he would come good. I'm dead clever and you know nowt about rugby.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Excellent performance today. Credit to the lads who you can see are all working for eachother. Hortons best performance to date. Very solid in defence and ran well. You can see he wants to be involved in everything, and a few times callum and doran had to slow him down. Good sign that he is eager for work. Agree that the back three were really good. Especially miller and tierney who got us out of danger a few times. Good to see big brett back along with alex who doesnt look out of place. And to top it off, nothing better than seing a prop crash over under the sticks.

Not many will look foreward to playing town in their current mood. And long may it continue. Brilliant result.

Archived