Town v Broncos

Terry Mac

Quality from 1-17 today. Hortons defence was outstanding and nows the time to get off his back and support him like all the others. I was worried when whiteley went to centre but he never put a foot wrong. Our 3 props were immense and the 2nd rowers were all top draw. Liam mac ran himself into the ground as did Alex. 3 tries off kicks today, 1 off each of our halves shows a big improvement there. The backs returned everything with interest, and how good was it seeing Williams dumped back after he'd given the popular side grief. Excellent performance boys

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite simply fantastic.

Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

Got to say Mr Sweet must have thought it was heritage round and we'd gone back to the five metre rule ... Never seen a skinnier ten than that , and at times it stifled passing rugby . They were standing so far in front of him they were hitting our carriers soon as they caught it at times . We battled through that though and really won the physical battle . I hope Thacks is ok , shame for him and he said some nice words about the club

Apart from Featherstone at home, you have to go back to early May to find a poor Town performance.

That's three seasons in a row we've finished strongly in this division. Impressive stuff!

But we have to beat Hunslet. We can't rely on Batley losing to Dewsbury because the Rams go to Leigh on Wednesday.

Not only do we have to beat Hunslet to grab that 8th place but it would also put us 5 points clear of them at the start of the Super 8's which in a 7 game series is probably a good enough start away from those relegation places!!!!   It would mean Hunslet would have to get 3 more wins than us to overtake us.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Got to say Mr Sweet must have thought it was heritage round and we'd gone back to the five metre rule ... Never seen a skinnier ten than that , and at times it stifled passing rugby . They were standing so far in front of him they were hitting our carriers soon as they caught it at times . We battled through that though and really won the physical battle . I hope Thacks is ok , shame for him and he said some nice words about the club

think he'll be remembered very fondly by fans and the club. Gave us everything when he played, and still going strong now.

Did anyone else hear phil's comments , when he seemed to be saying Wigan will only give us Doran because he's on loan , and not Lewis or thornley ? It was strange to decipher what he meant , but he didn't sound encouraging

Not only do we have to beat Hunslet to grab that 8th place but it would also put us 5 points clear of them at the start of the Super 8's which in a 7 game series is probably a good enough start away from those relegation places!!!! It would mean Hunslet would have to get 3 more wins than us to overtake us.

a win next week and I think we're safe. 2 wins from 7 should be well within our ability in the 8s. I think looking at the fixtures next week 8th is ours now, the margin is the issue.

Exellent team performance again some great rugby played,well done all

Question..why do 5 supporters bring a drum all the way from london??

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Did anyone else hear phil's comments , when he seemed to be saying Wigan will only give us Doran because he's on loan , and not Lewis or thornley ? It was strange to decipher what he meant , but he didn't sound encouraging

i think we're still after a back, if that's the case then we will be fine.

I spoke to one of them who works on the railways and gets free travel ! See Brian Noble was in the box with Henderson ... More work needed

I came through the turnstile with the bloke with his drum and I said to him, "I hope you can play that thing better than the drummer boy we had from Bradford".   He replied, " Yes I can if I had some drumsticks!!!!" .    All the way from London and no drumsticks.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Excellent performance for the second week in a row and in all honesty we could have won by more if we'd been more clinical with our breaks.

Loads of good performances today but gotta give a mention to Kurt, he's had it tough and he's had a lot of unfair criticism by some who would have had him back on a plane. But he's showed in the last couple of weeks what he's about and hopefully he will get better still on the run in.

Thornley playing much better now, and good to see a laal cameo from Thacks and hope his injury ain't too bad.

Gotta beat Hunslet next week now and finish 8th.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

Totally agree great to see Kurt get Mom

Good thing was the best team won no doubt about it. Not seen us so agressive in the carry for a long while, London really struggled to put us down. No p***ing on our parade this time :tongue:

They look as though they're enjoying it again and that's half the battle. Thanks Jarrud.

Three tries from kicks this week and two last week is how to make wins easier to come by, a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon. Well done lads , keep it going.

Great to see Alex back as well.

We have numbers in the backs but no one like Lewis . Again today they were petrified when he ran the ball . He can do things no other player can do and I hope Mr Wane realises he has been much more of a town player this year than Wigan player , and lets him see the job through rather than just storing him in the Wigan shed with little prospect of playing

It was interesting to hear PV say that we had two awful training sessions this week and that he cut one of them short, but yesterday morning's session was as good he as he's seen in his time here. He said after 2 minutes he knew we were going to win today because the attitude was positive and we were sharp all across the field.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

If the results go with form and no surprises next week then we will finish 8th and our games in the Super 8's will be :-

Home:-  Batley; Haven; Doncaster and Dewsbury   and Away:- Fev; London and Hunslet.    

Got to give credit to callum over recent weeks. Nobody has ever doibted his talent but being the only recognised hooker out there for the last few games he has really stood up and impressed me. Thought he was very strong today. Lads look like they are really enjoying it.

as I heard it if we get any from wigan for the 8's then they have to stay and can't go back to wigan for the remainder of the 8's. In that case I think it will be doran only. However as he said we didn't have many from wigan today and we were fine.

With Mossop, Carter, Forrester, Akehurst, Olstrum, Scholey, Duerden to add to today's squad I think we would be allright without any Wigan players, especially if we win next week and get a 5 point start on Hunslet.

Archived