Town v Broncos

Terry Mac

The 22 games includes the Backpool weekender Ian.   There is another 7 games to play after next weekends games in what the RFL calls the Super 8's and the points from them games are added to what teams have already.   Our Super 8 teams are from 5th down to 12th in the Championship after 23 games.    The top 4 in our Super 8 will go on to play the bottom 4 from SL

OK so now its (as we stand) Donny are relegated.

Fev,Dewsbury,London,Town ,Batley,Jambos and Hunslet now play 3 games home 4 game away (depending) and the bottom of the group join Donny in the Championship ??

Only yhe RFL could think of this...Leigh Bradford Sheffield and Halifax play for BIG MONEY against the bottom 4 of Super League and Fev who just miss out could get 100% injury list then lose every game in the play offs and get relegated to to the Southern/welsh league..Love it :-)

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could be very limited on DR for the 8's but looking at it now it won't be a great disaster although injuries may occur. I would like 2/3 which was indicated on the radio before the game but if it doesn't happen we seem equipped to deal with it.

OK so now its (as we stand) Donny are relegated.

Fev,Dewsbury,London,Town ,Batley,Jambos and Hunslet now play 3 games home 4 game away (depending) and the bottom of the group join Donny in the Championship ??

Only yhe RFL could think of this...Leigh Bradford Sheffield and Halifax play for BIG MONEY against the bottom 4 of Super League and Fev who just miss out could get 100% injury list then lose every game in the play offs and get relegated to to the Southern/welsh league..Love it :-)

Points are carried over, so Fev won't be in any danger

I can understand us not getting Thornley as they have injuries in the centres but Tierney has been nowhere near Wigan team all year so why not let him play games.

probably comes down to parent clubs protecting themselves. I agree with you on LT.

So Hunslet start 16 poinys behind Fev ...and 7 games  is a max of 14 pts !!I

In reality its Town,Haven,Batley or Hunslet..Fev .Dewsbury and Bronco's are playing for fun...amazing ...

We have wing cover in any case Carter, Forrester, ritson, or mossop at a push , centres can be covered by stack, whiteley, duerdan akehurst, Murphy.....so definitely no disaster if we don't get anyone from Wigan.

and that's something I never thought we would be saying going into the 8's

Before all you  boys who have been following Town since the 90's start shouting..Im new to all of this  

:-)

Could you still play in the centre at a push, Ian?    Just in case we don't get any Wigan lads!!!   ;)  ;)

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Agree with David, Walker playing his best rugby now. Thought Murphy had his best game for a while too, made some stong yards out of defence. Sammuts confidence and the way he organises is great to watch and Forber will benefit I'm sure. I also liked the way Callum didn't try and force a play after his break, we just looked more patient and controlled overall. Think I'll make the trip to South leeds this sunday and add my voice.

Agree with David, Walker playing his best rugby now. Thought Murphy had his best game for a while too, made some stong yards out of defence. Sammuts confidence and the way he organises is great to watch and Forber will benefit I'm sure. I also liked the way Callum didn't try and force a play after his break, we just looked more patient and controlled overall. Think I'll make the trip to South leeds this sunday and add my voice.

I think Walker is an out and out bench forward. Better coming on after 20 mins and denting the line. Some props are designed to start games such as big Kris and others to come off the bench

Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

Great effort kurt is proving me wrong

It was always just a matter of time before Kurt started to show what he can do. His 2 ex team mates in Oz are both getting praise at Halifax and Kurt was more highly regarded over there than they were. Its taken him time to acclimatise and get used to things over here but I think he will prove to be a very valuable acquisition from now on.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

I'm chuffed for Kurt and I hope he goes from strength to strength . Some of the things thrown at him were way over the line . I liked what I saw , even in glimpses , and I thought he'd be a great asset . His physicality in the tackle is great - he really smashes them , and I still think there's some skills and nous with the ball that could prove more than useful and make him worthy in two or three spots . I'll stick my neck out with Perry as well , again he took three or four tacklers with him yesterday . Fifita has been a shame , and that's a call for the BOD no doubt . I'd love Sammut to be here next year , good players squeeze more out of players around them , and he's doing that . That's as important as what he's doing himself

delighted to have got that one wrong lol.

See what happens when you stop taking your Lambrini medicine!!!!

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

Match highlights :-  

Archived