South Trafford Raiders - some food news !

My son plays for South Trafford Raiders and I'm pleased to report the club is goings from strength to strength.

At the start of last season - our first in the NWC league we had 7 training and didn't score in our first four league games.

This season we touched a high point of 70 training one Thursday evening and have added an u13 team to the existing u14 team - which has done well in division three. Last Sunday the u14s won the Blackpool 9s and we've had enquiries from SL clubs about no less than 11 different players.

We're taking 135 parents and children to the Eng v NZ game at Wigan!! Yep most of our players double up and play RU - but believe me - and the parents - love this game !

Thanks to Salford for their ongoing support (be great to see Marwen at our awards night in Sept) with increased parent participation the club will continue to grow (we need parent coaches and more helpers in general). Also thanks to the NW counties for their patience and help - and also to the vast majority of clubs we've played who have treated us with respect for what we are trying to achieve.

Still a long way to go but I thought I'd share some love!

I'm a big fan of expansion but I believe cities like Manchester, Liverpool and Sheffield would be a good use of resources that help develop the game and increase the player pool as well as potential new fans both at the games and on tv

Very good, but from the thread title I assumed they were successful with soup kitchens.

(Hint-try using the "Full editor" option after clicking on "edit" at the bottom of your first post.)

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

This is excellent news along with the good work being done by Manchester rangers and mancunians. Rugby league in Manchester is on the up and not before time, huge city with a huge sporting culture that needs RL added to it both at grassroots and professional level.

My son plays for South Trafford Raiders and I'm pleased to report

the club is goings from strength to strength.

At the start of last season - our first in the NWC league we had 7

training and didn't score in our first four league games.

This season we touched a high point of 70 training one Thursday evening and have added an u13 team to the

existing u14 team - which has done well in division three. Last Sunday the u14s won the Blackpool 9s and we've had enquiries from SL clubs about no less than 11 different

players.

We're taking 135 parents and children to the Eng v NZ game at Wigan!! Yep most of our players

double up and play RU - but believe me - and the parents - love this game !

Thanks to Salford for their ongoing support (be great to see Marwen at our awards night in Sept) with increased parent participation the club will continue to grow (we need parent coaches and more helpers in general). Also thanks to the NW counties for their patience and help

- and also to the vast majority of clubs we've played who have treated us with respect for what we are trying to achieve.

Still a long way to go but I thought I'd share some love!

It would be good if neighbouring Stockport and Tameside could follow

Trafford's lead and set up similar RL clubs getting young Union players to give 'League' a go.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

This is excellent news along with the good work being done by Manchester rangers and mancunians. Rugby league in Manchester is on the up and not before time, huge city with a huge sporting culture that needs RL added to it both at grassroots and professional level.

In Manchester they appear to be promoting Rugby League the right way. The council, schools and colleges are all involved. Which is getting children and parents involved at an early stage, building solid foundations for Rugby League in the City of Manchester for the future.

The growth of Rugby League in the City of Manchester in the past 4 years is remarkable and I believe is built on solid foundations.

​​ 

​THE NORTH OF ENGLAND WITH A POPULATION OF NEARLY 17 MILLION PEOPLE IS THE TRUE EXPANSION AREA FOR RUGBY LEAGUE........IF IT CAN'T EXPAND HERE, WHERE CAN IT EXPAND?

​                       

​                        

Add Bury Broncos in to the mix, they have really built from nothing. The

hardest battle for League is to get people through the door the first time, after that they love it.

Yes, Bury Broncos are building their club on good youth foundations. They play just round the corner from Swinton Lions in Whitefield

​​ 

​                       

​                        

Add Bury Broncos in to the mix, they have really built from nothing. The hardest battle for League is to get people through the door the first time, after that they love it.

all development requires had work of volunteers - so vote here if a fan of what Bury have done: 

http://www.ladiesoftheleague.co.uk/jean-palin.php

obviously I'm biased but worth a vote given she's been:

• a lifetime Salford fan (think of that pain!),
  • committee member of Forever Reds (fans group at Salford),
  • week-in/week-out committee member and volunteer at Bury Broncos looking after all the juniors, doing all the kits and often all the food (and Bury had NO junior rugby just 4 yrs ago remember!!!),
  • AND being a committee member of the North West Juniors rugby league

It is safe to say she's pretty committed to the game!

In Bury or North Manchester? Interested in Rugby League? Check out the Rugby League in Bury web-site: http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/burybroncos/

Thanks everyone !

Add Bury Broncos in to the mix, they have really built from nothing. The hardest battle for League is to get people through the door the first time, after that they love it.

Very very true

Are there many RU youth or schools teams in the area?

Two RU clubs in Altrincham - Kersal and Bowdon. Were based out of BTH hush school - which is a league school. We draw players from five different high schools - including st ambrose a school that only plays RU - we've taught the boys well !

Two RU clubs in Altrincham - Kersal and Bowdon. Were based out of BTH hush school - which is a league school. We draw players from five different high schools - including st ambrose a school that only plays RU - we've taught the boys well !

Do the players at Hush school play for the Raiders?

Now that's the reason I don't post very often. Food - idiot !

Well should make people smile !

I did read your post 3/4 times trying to figure out what was going on with the food!

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

add to this liverpool lions who are going from strength to strength 

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1455957_262746450543197_276002364_n.jpg

Archived