Was the third test sold out?

Tres OTT!!!

I only asked the question because of what I saw on TV. I was only watching it on TV because late on I found that I could make the game but the ticket website said it was sold out. 

Question posed without comment. Question answered and explanations given. 

But no apologies for not knowing the traffic situation in the Wigan area from the comfort of my sofa in Croydon. 

;)

Always causes problems...

AAP_New-Mexican-On-the-Road-02_s4x3_lg.j

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

Tres OTT!!!

I only asked the question because of what I saw on TV. I was only watching it on TV because late on I found that I could make the game but the ticket website said it was sold out. 

Question posed without comment. Question answered and explanations given. 

But no apologies for not knowing the traffic situation in the Wigan area from the comfort of my sofa in Croydon. 

;)

No reflection on your posts I assure you.

My polite, temperate and considered post ( :) ) was in response to whole set of individual  forum topics that  collectively painted a picture of the doom and gloom that too many seem to relish. To be honest,I expected the empty seat issue to have been raised by about 1 15 pm on Saturday. Anyway, a few of the empty seats may have been down to illness.

Don't forget, for a Wigan home game most of those attending will be local. They will come from many directions. On Sat, most fans were heading in from the same motorway junction. The weather made it worse and possibly the early ko time meant that people were aiming to arrive for kick off rather than a few hours before for beer/food etc

I know for a fact every seat was sold...if not sat on during the day.

Wee at Trafford raiders sold 135 tickets...but only 125 made it onto the coaches !

This is often the case, tour operators pay up front for batches of tickets, they are sold, gone.

If I have booked hotel rooms for 50 people, transport for 50 people and seats for 50 people and they have to sell 25 to break even, they are not that bothered if they finish up with five left, they are in profit. They would prefer to shift the places if they can but will re;ease what they can at the last minute of there is a cash incentive to do so, if there isn't a reason to do they'll leave the places empty. Sold, unusable but empty.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived