Chase and new salary cap

jamescolin

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the betting weeks ago, we could be 100/1 and there would still be no value. Im not sure the 3 posters above quite understand how the bookies actually work. The bookies have to make money and to do that in some instances they will offer the illusion of value to their punters especially in markets where the outcome is practically a foregone conclusion ie. the Championship next season. Leigh will more than likely walk it and have to be incredibly short that is a no brainer. The bookies will take a hit on that one so have to balance their books. Bradfords odds actually look tempting to your typical mug punter so they will make some of the money back that they will lose on Leigh there. Of the other teams you will get your typical fan who likes to have a flutter no matter what odds their team but to the "knowledgeable" fan no one in their right mind will put money on teams like London, Fev, Dewsbury et al because they know they have not got a cat in hells chance. This is where another illusion of value comes in, most pundits are tipping Fax to finish in the top 4, some are tipping them to finish above Bradford, the bookies are not stupid and looking around the different teams forums on almost every thread discussing the odds you will see posters say Fax look good odds at 33/1.

Its really not rocket science and so many times you see people say "the bookies do not often get it wrong" and thats right they do not often especially in markets like this but its at the very top they are right, in the middle is where they will make their money. Now if a couple more teams were closer to Leigh in quality wise then the bookies would make their money from the top end but they wont be next season.

You could have saved all that typing. We are aware just as the bookies are that Fax are a good side. It's just that we don't need reminding on every thread.Like we are also aware that Batley and Dewsbury are also good sides. It's gonna be a belterof a season.

I dont see the top two changing TBH.

The fight for 3rd & 4th should be fantastic though with Sheff,London,Fax,Fev & Dewsbury all fighting for those precious 2 spots.

I know what happened to london last season was ridiculous for a full time team but im a big believer that over a season a full time team should always finish above a part time team so im going for Sheffield 3rd & London 4th.

Halifax are the team that interest me this season,attendances are nowhere near good enough, so,How will they approach it? will they bob along for 3/4 of the season and then start playing at the business end, or will they try to make the effort to be more consistent throughout the season & pick up some wins by big scores

If the bookies thought fax had a cat in hells chance they wouldnt be handing out 33/1, as you say leigh are dead certs so they could put fax at 1000/1 and it would be irrelivant cause your going to lose your money if you back them. You could get a donkey off blackpool beach and put it in national at 1000/1 and say wow thats a good price, but i wouldnt waste my money on it.

You could have saved all that typing. We are aware just as the bookies are that Fax are a good side. It's just that we don't need reminding on every thread.Like we are also aware that Batley and Dewsbury are also good sides. It's gonna be a belter of a season.

I dont think its going to be, not compared to seasons gone by anyway. Its probably the first season since the change from promotion and relegation where everyone thinks a team will walk the league before a ball has even been kicked. We have not had that since the likes of Cas and Huddersfield were getting relegated. The team that should finish 2nd is, on paper, nowhere near as good as the top team and realistically there is only one team that can even challenge them for that place. Yeah the race for 4th and possibly 3rd may be good but its like the saying that 2nd is just the first loser.

Archived