Nazi collaboraters list to be realised in France today

In 2016.... is this really necessary?

The descending families of those involved have very different lives in a very different era. Is it really in the public interest to point out in very public gaze that "thi great grandma was a collaborater"?

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

I understand the point but it remains to be seen if that is what happens. Early days yet, I think. Still wonder if and when "names will be named."

Will try to talk to a contact who works for the "Agglomeration de Vichy" (Greater Vichy Council in effect) to see what the word is there.

OK, having spoken to a contact in Vichy, the top level issues seem to be these (more detail/corrections later)

1. The info is available becuse of the 75 years rule on cabinet papers, rather than the 30 year rule that we have.

2. The material is in Paris, not Vichy.

3. Researchers and historians are keen to find out which cabinet ministers supported/expected/hoped for a German victory. Some will be looking for evidence or proof that certain Ministers gold plated German instuctions, so going over and above German intructions on the asset seizures from Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, Freemasons etc. Assets : property, money, business ect of these people were siezed and auction by the sate to the highest bidders.

4. The Mayor of Vichy, Claude MALHURET is working to remove the stigma attached to the town's name and population of Vichy in general. By identifying the guilty ministers, he intends to restore the towns reputation.

When I get more info I'llpost it on here. Currently understood that the data will not be published on line - might be wrong though.

Also contact is not expecting a big spalsh in the French press, nor is anyone expecting the sins of the father to be visited on the sons.

Also contact is not expecting a big spalsh in the French press, nor is anyone expecting the sins of the father to be visited on the sons.

What about the Conseil Représentatif des Institutions juives de France?

I hope the senior figures in the French Rugby Union are on that list.

What are the odds that the sport part of the list mysteriously goes missing or is heavily redacted? ;)

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Seriously think that will be very low down the list of anyone's research priorities..except ours, of course.. Waiting to hear from a contact to see what you have to do to get access to the documents.

Under French law, declassified government documents must become available to the public after a period of 75 years, as is the case with papers from the beginning of the regime. However, the French government decided to make all Vichy related documents “freely accessible” to those hoping to review in person the physical archives, even if it’s a few years early for some, the French radio station RFI reportsDocuments created as late as December 31, 1960, will be made available, as long as they relate to matters under Vichy rule (September 1939 to May 1945) or to the prosecution of war criminals in France, Germany and Austria after the end of World War II

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/france-making-thousands-vichy-era-documents-public-180957661/?no-ist

Archived