M.O.M. Rovers V Batley

Steve Slater

Steve you have given briggs man of match in rl express (why not hardman he was easily our best player) but I suppose we all see things different.

I have a 6:0pm deadline Phil, and its often 5:15pm by the time I've finished hanging about for quotes from Jon Sharp and the away coach. It's not the best view from the press box and you tend to miss things when you are busy writing or typing on the laptop. Yesterday I was struggling for a Man of the Match, I would have nominated all 34 if I could, but due to strict deadlines when the sponsors nominated Kyle, Ian knocked on Brambani's bomb in front of the posts toward the end to put Fev under pressure, then Briggs fielded that dangerous crossfield kick with two minutes left, it swung it for me. He also stayed on the field when he was about to be substituted after rolling his ankle when we were under the cosh and needed his defensive capabilities more than ever. If I'd had time to read the MOM nominations on this forum my choice might have been different. On reflection though, the captains of both sides would have been good choices because they were all magnificent.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived