THE SHOW MUST GO ON

eltel

I was not sure about Sharp when appointed,but players have played as a proper team this season.I fear that our small squad will prevent a top four finish but the player's are giving their best.Even when we led at half time on saturday the writing was on the wall.After ten minutes i remarked to my son that i didn't think we would win.It was probably the difficult matches we have had with a bare bones squad that caught up with us.As for Sunday i will be rooting for FEV as ever but think Leigh will probably win by 18 to20 points.I hope i am wrong.

Its new coach syndrome and it isnt till that wears off that you start to see how good they are, just look at Fax..............

What will be interesting with Fev is how they perform with all these injuries and also with a couple of their players who probably do not seem to be performing that well of late getting hooked up for next season elsewhere. Its when things like that are going on that you really see how strong the team bond is.

Its new coach syndrome and it isnt till that wears off that you start to see how good they are, just look at Fax..............

What will be interesting with Fev is how they perform with all these injuries and also with a couple of their players who probably do not seem to be performing that well of late getting hooked up for next season elsewhere. Its when things like that are going on that you really see how strong the team bond is.

1) Where was the mention of this "new coach syndrome" when you were predicting that Fev would have a new coach by halfway through this season and might not even last through the middle 8s?

2) We won the Shield last year, against a lot of people's predictions, and about three quarters of that team were leaving, and the team looked far more resolute than earlier in the year. In any case, as you will know very well, every team has players who will be looking at options elsewhere for next season at the moment. Anyway, I don't think we have many players who have been "not performing that well of late" -  I'd look to your own team if you want under-performing players.

What a load of rubish, my comments were completly my thoughts after watching the game at the weekend nowt to do with anything else, seems to me unless you agree with the mainstreams thoughts prepare for some abuse

Nope. If you post something that is provocative.... expect someone to challenge your motivations for that post reg. That's how a forum works

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

It's not so much a bias opinion, but it seems the first time we put in a poor performance you go for the jugula. I'm quite sure JS has had more than a few words about that display, there is one thing you can't say, is that in the last 10 minutes they threw the towel in. This group of players have a different mentality to the past 2 seasons, unfortunately you have to admit that on the day we were beaten by the better day.

The fact that Bostock played most of the game and Griffin hardly any minutes suggests he's carrying a niggle, and other injuries reduced the interchange options. The avalanche of tries came when Bozzy was exhausted or off the field. Hopefully Baldy will be back on Sunday to stiffen up the bench. I'm not too sure Jackie O is fully fit either, he's not been effective as earlier in the season, maybe he and Griff are only playing due to the injury crisis? Other clubs will get injuries to key players,

Thanks for the explanation robin, but i only post when ive something to say ,but if im gonna be accused of being bias i might as well not bother

you offered an opinion. People will support or challenge that opinion and your reasons for posting it reg. It happens if you subscribe to public forums.

It's up to you if you wish to post reg....

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

The fact that Bostock played most of the game and Griffin hardly any minutes suggests he's carrying a niggle, and other injuries reduced the interchange options. The avalanche of tries came when Bozzy was exhausted or off the field. Hopefully Baldy will be back on Sunday to stiffen up the bench. I'm not too sure Jackie O is fully fit either, he's not been effective as earlier in the season, maybe he and Griff are only playing due to the injury crisis? Other clubs will get injuries to key players,

Ormanroyd eyes on next season. ;)

we told you in pre season super league clubs would be Knocking oxy lad. Not only you with the crystal ball.

You were right, a championship club I know got told pretty straight that he had agreed terms for a move to Humberside next year. How do you reckon he will go in SL? Do you think he might have been better doing another year at this level? I said after last season that both Cahlane and Tangata had done the right thing having another season at this level but you always wonder especially given our form if its the right decision. That said Tangata has looked a beast this season.

Yes I think he would be better with another year at championship. He's still pretty raw, big strong powerful lad and improved his defence a lot this year. Started like an house on fire, but seems to have gone off the boil a bit recently, maybe it's the pressure of sl interest in him. Think Jon Sharpe as been trying to protect him and doesn't give him many minutes, which is good coaching as he's still young and has a lot of pressure to perform now. Hopefully he will get 1st team rugby with a sl move or maybe loaned back to fev for a year, would be a shame to not play much and stop his development.

Archived