Best amateur club(excluding your own)

I have been to many of the NCL grounds, i really think Siddal's has to be up there. I remember the old place they had it was poor at best!

I also really liked Oldham St Annes too, that was a great set up, Saddleworths setting is nice too.

I've always enjoyed going to Heworth. Nice set up and good people there.

Millom is another favorite of mine, and Askam is a great place to go in the middle of all the rolling hills. Not many better venues in the summer.

Heworth is a great place to visit and I do hope to see Ken and his team back in the NCL.

I enjoyed two great days over the last few years in the NCL cup.

Wath Brow and Leigh Miners great clubs superb hospitality looking forward to our next visits.

Just out of interest,have many clubs at this level secured lottery funding to significantly improve their grounds,facilities,car parking,clubhouse etc.From my involvement in other sports,I know how important it is now,to offer players/spectators/sponsors something more than just basic facilities.In Yorks most similarly sized ru clubs seem to offer better facilities than the equivalent to clubs.

Just out of interest,have many clubs at this level secured lottery funding to significantly improve their grounds,facilities,car parking,clubhouse etc.From my involvement in other sports,I know how important it is now,to offer players/spectators/sponsors something more than just basic facilities.In Yorks most similarly sized ru clubs seem to offer better facilities than the equivalent to clubs.

While all the major Cumbrian teams have had their own club houses for as long as I can remember I'm pretty sure Egremont got funding to separate their pitch from the cricket pitch (they overlapped) and to upgrade flood lighting, don't believe it was lottery funding I think it was from the Cumbria Community fund. I think The Brow got funding a few years back to upgrade their club house and build a gym but not certain on that one

100% League 0% Union

Just because I don't know doesn't mean I don't understand

Nearly all the west Cumbrian clubs have benefitted from substantial lottery funding over the years, Wath Brow, Kells and Egremont certainly have, Lowca and Distington both have fantastic facilities, the majority of which was funded by Sport England.

in allerdale, Maryport probably have the best facilities, closely followed by Ellenborough, Seaton have also enjoyed substantial funding towards their clubhouse with improvements to the pitch as well.

The other Maryport side, Glasson had a new pitch funded by Sport England, but their clubhouse and changing rooms badly need investment, their changing rooms are very small and dated.

I'm surprised that some of the barrow clubs haven't tapped into the lottery before now, I haven't seen all the grounds, but Walneys, Barrow Islands and Roose facilities are light years behind their west Cumbrian counterparts.

Ulverston have a nice set up but I believe that's a council facility.

Archived