york away

lifer

feel sorry for you guys mate it must be difficult situation......

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Great, Ive bought a non refundable train ticket!

Dear Bearman. I have won a few quid on the horses today. Looking at train times your train from Barrow will arrive in York at 1341...19 minutes before kick off. Catch a taxi from the station and it's less than 10 minutes to the ground. Return by taxi to catch your return and I'll willingly give you £20 to cover the cost. At half time, I will parade in front of the seated stand with my Knights cap on top of my umbrella. Give me a shout. We RL fans must stick together. Regards  david.

...Ron...don't tell this chap that you're coming up from Coventry and that you get in earlier ,by the way my train from Manchester gets in at 13.50...of course I'll be getting a taxi too...is there another £20 going.

There could be about 500 "Rons" at half time...better take plenty of cash David.Reminds me of a famous film...I'm Ron..no....I'm Ron...etc etc...

Dear Bearman. I have won a few quid on the horses today. Looking at train times your train from Barrow will arrive in York at 1341...19 minutes before kick off. Catch a taxi from the station and it's less than 10 minutes to the ground. Return by taxi to catch your return and I'll willingly give you £20 to cover the cost. At half time, I will parade in front of the seated stand with my Knights cap on top of my umbrella. Give me a shout. We RL fans must stick together. Regards  david.

Thanks for the kind offer David but as Wandering Pete has indicated my train from Coventry gets in in plenty of time to stroll to the ground. If you parade with your cap I'll introduce myself and thank you in person.

Poor old Wandering Pete will be easy to recognise, he will be the one looking like he could do with a good walk and will be slightly shaking with the DT's as he won't have found anywhere to get a pint of real ale before the game. He could do with the £20 as he has a serious Carcassonne habit to fund.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Thanks for the kind offer David but as Wandering Pete has indicated my train from Coventry gets in in plenty of time to stroll to the ground. If you parade with your cap I'll introduce myself and thank you in person.

Poor old Wandering Pete will be easy to recognise, he will be the one looking like he could do with a good walk and will be slightly shaking with the DT's as he won't have found anywhere to get a pint of real ale before the game. He could do with the £20 as he has a serious Carcassonne habit to fund.

OK Ron. Thanks for the information so I'll keep my £20 and I hope you enjoy your day. Regards  David.

Archived