Leigh match

Blue Pike

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a postscript to the Leigh game, tweet from a Leigh journo...

Mark Taylor @_MarkJTaylor 16h16 hours ago

Neil Jukes says that Leigh will not be pursuing allegations of biting in the recent game at Featherstone #leighrl #rugbyleague

Glad about that as it wasn't a dirty game and I think it would have tarnished the occasion, good luck at the weekend guys.

Glad about that as it wasn't a dirty game and I think it would have tarnished the occasion, good luck for the weekend guys.

No point we want you to win as many as possible, plus a decent relationship is developing off pitch

So you're saying  if Fev were genuine competitors of yours then the player would have been cited.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

I didn't get to the game, League Express sent a staff reporter and then family matters prevented me going as a spectator. I've not had chance to watch the video until now but I was totally stunned by the Fev performance and thought they were the better side for the middle 70 minutes of the game. Leigh's 2nd try was a complete fluke and could have happened to any side, but it was what kept them in front for most of the game, and the last try by Hock was due to heads going down after all that effort and the realisation there wasn't enough time left to draw back. Don't go on at Thackeray for the dropped ball off the field goal attempt though, if the scores had been any different he would have simply concentrated on making the ball safe, but as they were six behind with two minutes to go he was already thinking of how he was going to mount a counter-attack before the ball actually came down. His missed tackle, along with Andy Ellis, on Corey Paterson in the opening minutes was less far less excusable though, it brought them downfield for the first try. Duckworth's error was a fluke too, and he'll make sure it never happens again.

So, all in all it was a very commanding performance but they didn't get the breaks. It was good to see Briggs back to his imperious best though, probably the first time in three years we've had a half-back that's outplayed Ridyard. I hope he's fit for Batley!

Archived