Leigh match

Blue Pike

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got to admit i was impressed with leigh they seem to have cut out the indicipline and played really well we were off the pace early on AND silly mistakes took there toll  never seen gareth hock so diciplined   

they were good i can see them going up and for us to play that well against them with a depleated team bodes well

Got to admit i was impressed with leigh they seem to have cut out the indicipline and played really well we were off the pace early on AND silly mistakes took there toll  never seen gareth hock so diciplined   

they were good i can see them going up and for us to play that well against them with a depleated team bodes well

What makes it even more impressive was how big a game it was for Leigh. With Salford losing again they now look a good bet for a top 3 spot which would give them automatic promotion. I dread to think what their winning bonus was?

rfl have decided not enough fev players have been suspended so 3 more (hardman, tagg and spears) up for punishment this week. funny, i recall at least one of

those incidents could have been prevented by a timely call of held in a game which was blighted not by hot tempers but by jack smiths whistle.

rfl have decided not enough fev players have been suspended so 3 more (hardman, tagg and spears) up for punishment this week. funny, i recall at least one of

those incidents could have been prevented by a timely call of held in a game which was blighted not by hot tempers but by jack smiths whistle.

I don't know how the ref has coped with super league cos he seemed a bit panic stricken to me in his decision making.Why did Davies get banned for chelping at Hewer last week when it was happening throughout the game on Sunday with the usual culprits? The disciplinary procedures and decisions on the field need a little more consistency

Whats happened about the biting incident with Talapapa has anyone heard owt?

BP,

how do you know it is a bite allocation and not a stamping allocation (i.e. stud marks) has this been stated by anyone anywhere?

Either way I doubt that there would be much evidence to go on.

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

Whats happened about the biting incident with Talapapa has anyone heard owt?

Firstly I don't see how any incident could possibly have involved Taulapapa. He was nowhere near the tackle with Higson just before the latter pointed the alleged bitemark to the touch judge, and Higson hadn't touched the ball or been involved in a tackle for 5 or 10 minutes before then.

There were three Rovers players involved in the tackle with Higson, and watching the video you'd be hard pressed to even guess which player was alleged to have been involved. Moreover, Higson was moving forward throughout the tackle and it's hard to see how anyone could realistically have made a deliberate decision to bite him in that situation. He doesn't even appear to notice until around 30 seconds later after he wanders back to the wing. I doubt we'll hear any more about this.

I had a quick look on the rfl disciple page. There are pages of players whose conduct is under the microscope from last weekend. It must be a good earner for the panel as they seem very busy. It must be hard for players to make a split second decision on a tackle knowing the consequences of getting it accidently wrong could cost them and the club. Obviously the science of hindsight must help the panelimmensely

Hansen found not guilty of his alleged indiscretion. Seems fair enough to me, didn't seem any malice in that tackle.

It was one of the cleanest Fev Leigh games in a long time. They seem to have cut out that side of their game. And there's no Brierley antagonising the crowd either.

It was one of the cleanest Fev Leigh games in a long time. They seem to have cut out that side of their game. And there's no Brierley antagonising the crowd either.

And that is with NcNally doing his best to wear a specsavers shirt too

Must come on to say how well Fev played and gave us a very hard game yet again and like as been said a clean game and yes under Jukes we have cleaned our discipline up a lot this season. We had another great day out also went to Pontefract before the game great pubs.

Good luck for the rest off the eights and next season guys

Must come on to say how well Fev played and gave us a very hard game yet again and like as been said a clean game and yes under Jukes we have cleaned our discipline up a lot this season. We had another great day out also went to Pontefract before the game great pubs.

Good luck for the rest off the eights and next season guys

You guys have a real shout at promotion this year so good luck with that and your right your discipline has improved a lot under jukes

it needed to and shows you can play decent rugby and still mix it

Surprised you guys have done so well with the allegations in the papers of how Jon Sharp treated refs when he were in charge. George Stokes certainly not a big fan.

I don't think the jobs are really comparable. For instance, Sir Alex Ferguson is the most successful football manager in the UK domestic competiton by a long way in the last 20-30 years, but it's hard to say that he'd be a good appointment as controller of referees. ,

When someone as experienced and level-headed as Andy Ellis says "Jon Sharp has brought the team together as never before", that tells you plenty. I suspect Sharp's far more suited to the role of being a coach than he ever was to overseeing officials.

Still, it might explain why we got that 11-4 penalty count against us when Stokes reffed the Bulls away game back in February...

Archived