Leigh match

Blue Pike

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only get 3 or more in if the PTB has been slow and messy. Doubt you will have got 3 or more in at all so far, keep the teams apart and let the best team win

I'm not sure if I am misunderstanding you here or not, but you seem to be suggesting that three men in the tackle is unusual. I genuinely have no idea where you have got that idea from, but watch any game from SL or Championship and you will see that three in the tackle (before the player is held or hits the ground) is standard, usually two with the initial contact then a third coming in quickly, to help complete the tackle (and ensure there are three men to peel off the tackled player when he hits the floor). No coach would last very long in his job if his team weren't doing that.

The better attacking teams try and create situations where there are only a couple of tacklers (or better still one), but it usually takes a bit of skill to do this. The likeliest reason for a quick play-the-ball is that only one or two players have been involved in the tackle. It's really nothing to do with refereeing.

I attempted to say that I doubt you have managed 3 in a tackle at SL pace against the teams you've played as long as the niggle is avoided and the game is at pace you can have 12 in the tackle for me but twice this season you have slowed it to a snails pace

shame on your full time team then, getting slowed down by a part time team. You should be winning every collision and getting a quick play of the ball, massive part of the game these days controlling the ruck, this is where full time teams have a massive advantage, finding the floor and getting a roll on. They will be spending hours a week doing wrestling and tackling techniques for these situations,not to mention all the extra strength work in the gym. we're as fev might get an hour or 2 a week to practice it after doing an 8 hour shift.

I attempted to say that I doubt you have managed 3 in a tackle at SL pace against the teams you've played as long as the niggle is avoided and the game is at pace you can have 12 in the tackle for me but twice this season you have slowed it to a snails pace

If you try and slow up the play-the-ball after the referee has called held, you get penalised. The refs don't suddenly stop applying this rule when Leigh are playing, however much you might want to believe this is the case.

Disciplinary inept... poor that.

Chelpin at the ref never ever ends well

Break someone's jaw 3 matches, give your opinion of the ref 2 matches. Something wrong there somewhere.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

then that is to our great credit, and really shows your full time team up, 

There is a lot of respect between our clubs, you set the benchmark we had to rise to over many years so you will always be perceived a serious threat amongst our supporters, especial at POR. We must win on Sunday but I wish you well against London and Batley, those wins should guarantee you £750k which I am sure you will use to go FT and build to SL

Is there a possibility due to our woes that when Leeds are safely nestled in top of the 8 with no injury worries they will give us their dual reg players back if they havent played a game for them)for our final two games???

Seeing how boiling mad sharpy was after giants defeat i would say there are more than a few of our guys with something to prove on sunday i like the way he has fronted up after the two defeats and will tell the individuels concerned face to face just wots expected in these middle 8,s ... i think we are probably playing another super league team in waiting  on sunday looking at there reqruitment etc 

no one can denie we have had the toughest start playing the best team from last year and the team that finished top of the regular season it wont get any easier this week  but i think we might see a marked improvement in attitude and completion of sets im not saying we will win i am saying we will give them a test

There is a lot of respect between our clubs, you set the benchmark we had to rise to over many years so you will always be perceived a serious threat amongst our supporters, especial at POR. We must win on Sunday but I wish you well against London and Batley, those wins should guarantee you £750k which I am sure you will use to go FT and build to SL

Bostock a massive loss, always is. He's missed the back end of the last 3 seasons with unrelated injuries and even pulled up in the warm up and withdrew from the game when we lost to Batley in the 2013 play-off semi. Unlucky with injuries but we have to learn to live without him.

What I don't understand is why we haven't used a certain forward we kept from the collapse of the reserve side. We kept 5 or 6 players and Jake Joynt, who used to play with Fev before going to York City Knights has only been used once against Fev Lions. When we have injuries in the forward pack, why not give him a shot instead of looking to DR.

What I don't understand is why we haven't used a certain forward we kept from the collapse of the reserve side. We kept 5 or 6 players and Jake Joynt, who used to play with Fev before going to York City Knights has only been used once against Fev Lions. When we have injuries in the forward pack, why not give him a shot instead of looking to DR.

He's a prop, and the only DR prop we have played all season is Baldwinson, and I don't think many Fev fans would want to see him dropped. It's not as if we haven't played lots of youngsters in the pack this season (eg Tagg and Cooper) and it says in the P & C that Brad Hill is likely to be in this weekend's squad so that's another youngster possibly getting a shot. Presumably it all boils down to how they have been going in training?

I fear if we try to match Leigh in the forwards we will come off second best,our kicking game must be spot on.I would kick deep before the last tackle at times and try to pin Leigh as far back in their half as possible.Get stuck into them in the tackling department and try not to concede penalties.We will need to force errors and stop the ball getting out wide.Points difference may be important to finishing position so we need to do better than against Leeds and  Huddersfield.

Easy peasy then

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

I fear if we try to match Leigh in the forwards we will come off second best,our kicking game must be spot on.I would kick deep before the last tackle at times and try to pin Leigh as far back in their half as possible.Get stuck into them in the tackling department and try not to concede penalties.We will need to force errors and stop the ball getting out wide.Points difference may be important to finishing position so we need to do better than against Leeds and  Huddersfield.

If my uncle had worn a skirt, he would be my aunty.

The lack of the above is why we are in the position we find ourselves.

Archived