We appear to owe Oldham Council £70,000

studmuffin75

That chip on the shoulder about Watersheddings is relevant, that is what started the degeneration of relations with OMBC and Oldham RLFC fans, years of LIES from them about a new ground after Sheddings, Years of LIES about a new stadium full stop in Oldham, wasting public funds on the ill fated sports park 2000 and Beal Valley Golf course. OMBC made a profit out of the demise of our old home, just so they could build on it. Profit from our clubs history. Forgive me if OMBC aint my favourite people.

Do we know categorically how long this debt has been owed? Dates when payments stopped? How much we were being charged for the Whitebank?

I'm not so sure if "most of the people" on here don't want a change of owner etc, the worry for us who go is if the club fold will a new club rise again? No guarantees that there would and on top of that the ground issue and relations with OMBC potentially would be a thorn in the side of ANY owner.

I personally don't like the way the club is run, but I enjoy my RL on a Sunday watching our lads pull there tripe out and as it stands, at risk of being slaughtered on here, I accept (reluctantly) the situation of the club because on a Sunday afternoon I can still sing my heart out for the lads in Red and White, that's whats important to me at the moment, I still have a club to watch. For how long I don't know, but I tolerate it to lend my support to the players and coaching staff NOT the regime.

NOTHING any of us "fans" can do about the state of the clubs finances anyway, the only way CH goes is if the club fold. Hopefully some sense will be imparted and CH sees he is flogging a dead horse without help from outside the club, before maybe ORLFC disappears, possibly for ever.

Watersheddings was Oldham rlfc it where I first saw rugby league live, it's where my family gave blood, but that club died with Jim quinn and as far as I can tell any deals done between the defunct club and Oldham council cease to be transferable

So Oldham council had/were given a get out of jail card

They owe Oldham rlfc 1997 nothing, unfortunately it's us who are council tax payers fans supporters stay awayers who say that the council sold Oldham rlfc down the lie no it was Jim quinn

Ch came from nowhere grab the reins and run with it, am I thankful yes we have a professional rugby club

Do the juniors of Oldham want to play for Oldham, no they go to Leeds St Helens Wigan etc

What I am trying to say is we need no I implore ch to set aside and let someone fresh take it on get funding like Sheffield get back to Oldham make the town take notice and make dreams come true

Enough for him to run away from me at the Championship awards dinner ;)

Thankfully the RFL will get us our money.

Really good idea to p*ss off your kit supplier. After all they are ten a penny and never speak to each other. Anyone got any spare shirts in the wardrobe for next season?

And it raises another problem which I really don't want to air publicly.

Really good idea to p*ss off your kit supplier. After all they are ten a penny and never speak to each other. Anyone got any spare shirts in the wardrobe for next season?

And it raises another problem which I really don't want to air publicly.

you will see various types of Oldham shirts from the past on E-Bay, somel knocked up in Poland and Ukraine , cheap as chips .....all money goes to E-Bay, Paypal , and a small workshop in Poland ..... nowt to Oldham RLFC 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-OLDHAM-Rugby-League-Shirt-JERSEY-TRIKOT-CAMISETA-MAGLIA-LE-COQ-SPORTIF-/222251376031?hash=item33bf36dd9f:g:vKYAAOSw6n5XscdR

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Le-Coq-Sportif-Oldham-Jersey-Rugby-Shirts-XL-/222250450860?hash=item33bf28bfac:g:Pm0AAOSw6n5XvzJr

20447_346989162151_776477151_4748963_7475038_s.jpg

How much is owed by the Latics? Did hear at one time the council gave the Latics £5,000,000 to help with the building of their new stand and millions over the years. And didn't the council rob us with promises of a new ground when they stole Watersheddings!

So well done CH if you get away with it.

The Council did not rob us of Watersheddings it was sold to Oldham bears along with the training pitch for over £2.5 million.

The difference between leding money to the laticas and us they have assets to secure the debt we don,t. 

Ch came from nowhere grab the reins and run with it, am I thankful yes we have a professional rugby club

It wasnt just him. There were others (Sean Whitehead, Stewart Hardacre and Melvyn Lord).

One by one they left (no one knows why). People seem to forget that if it wasnt for those 3, Oldham RLFC 1997 wouldnt have existed.

Still a Roughyed despite what some people might say!!!

Archived