Cameron Smith on the money with his views

Will we ever take anything positive out of a Story?

It should be a good News story but instead we pick it apart and find a negative spin.

This games supporters are its worst enemy in many ways.

Because we see the follow-up stories year in year out where exactly the same people stop talking about International football come February and start talking about Origin.... and he is hoping to be Origin level, Origin standard, a future Origin player, Origin is the ******y pinnacle, let's dump the Anzac test to move Origin to a weekend....

Sorry, but it has to said as it is. As I mentioned, Smith is a diplomat. Australia could change the whole direction of the International game forever if they really wanted to go beyond a few diplomatic words. 

How do we feel about an English Ref for the game against New Zealand?

When the Aussies do this they are cheats and worse.

The Aussies have got an Aussie ref for the NZ game so it stinks all round. England could even play Australia again with Gerrard Sutton holding the whistle and Bernard Sutton with his finger on the no try button. Can you believe that? Who the hell sanctioned Bernard Sutton to come out here as video ref?

Of course we all agree as sensible rational people would that the international game should take priority. England need to beat Australia and NZ need to carry being competitive to have a chance however I fear the damage is already done and Origin has all but ruined the international game in Oz. There is one group to blame and that is the media. Australia has by far the worst sporting media I have experienced.

Their coverage of the 2014 4 nations which has easily been the best and most competitive was disgusting. Comments after NZ beat Aus in front of 45,000 like "who cares" "its not a real tournament" "why are they even playing" etc show what were up against. This was on the national news bulletin!

Origin is important but should never be the pinnacle of the game.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

The Aussies have got an Aussie ref for the NZ game so it stinks all round. England could even play Australia again with Gerrard Sutton holding the whistle and Bernard Sutton with his finger on the no try button. Can you believe that? Who the hell sanctioned Bernard Sutton to come out here as video ref?

People need sacking mate, its thoroughly depressing. Its like someone giving you a really nice cake but making you eat it off a dogs bumhole when there are a a load of plates a yard away.

3736-mipm.gif

There are many views from both sides.

I have lived in both Australia and England for many years.

The view from England is not what the Australians understand or see.

They have a game that they have built to what it is today.

They are trying to bring on PNG and Fiji as well as Samoa, Cook Islands and Tonga.

Can you blame them for embracing SOO as a vehicle that has gone a long way to get the TV Media money that puts them where they are now?

They have not played Test matches some years but that comes down the their Players Union that have some considerable clout.

Player welfare and burn out is part of every sports concerns in the last few years.

You can hardly blame Cam Smith for Australia not touring.

We often seem to blame the Aussies and the NRL for everything we are not happy with in the game.

Some of the fault lies a lot closer to home with how we have imported players (some pretty average ones in many cases) as short term fixes to the detriment of our Test teams quality Halves and outside Backs.

The best thing that can happen is on the field in this Four Nations and win the contest, then back it up in the 2017 World Cup.

Actions speak a lot louder than words.

That will stop the Aussies thinking that we are whiny losers from small villages in the North of England that are second rate in their tracks.

Lets win something and then give it too them.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

How do we feel about an English Ref for the game against New Zealand?

When the Aussies do this they are cheats and worse.

Aussies are inherent cheats whilst we English play the game with a straight bat. Their refs will cheat to get Australia over the line. Our refs will officiate with only fairness in mind. It's always been that way and will always be that way. Goodnight.

rldfsignature.jpg

Aussies are inherent cheats whilst we English play the game with a straight bat. Their refs will cheat to get Australia over the line. Our refs will officiate with only fairness in mind. It's always been that way and will always be that way. Goodnight.

i loved nothing more than reading this post first and then learning the name of the person who wrote it. Lol

Their coverage of the 2014 4 nations which has easily been the best and most competitive was disgusting. Comments after NZ beat Aus in front of 45,000 like "who cares" "its not a real tournament" "why are they even playing" etc show what were up against. This was on the national news bulletin!

nice one Tex, but apart form NZ beating Aus, none of the above actually happened did it?

As an Aussie I have diffrent views on why Origin is bigger in Australia then International rugby league. It simply comes down to the fact Origin is well supported by the media whilst International Rugby League for the most part isn't. I say for the most because tests between Australia, New Zealand and England are very well supported by the media and most rugby league fans. This wasnt always the case around the early 2000's when Australia were so far ahead of everyone else but thankfully as the gap has closed publicity and good will has returned. 

What the media and a number of fans don't support is the image of heritage full teams. The best example was the 2013 World cup which was a great tournament whith great games but was seen by the media and casual fans in Australia as a tournament full of countries stacked with Australians, Kiwis and Brits. Most people I talked to about the World Cup commented why dont they just have Australia, New Zealand and England play. Some more knowldegable would include France and PNG in that discussion. These people whould happily watch AUS vs ENG with me but woudnt be interested in Scotland vs Italy or even Australia vs Ireland. The amount of poeple who would ask me arent Tedesco, Wallace, Sims etc Australian. I would then have to reply that they qualify through a grandparent which was promptly met with laughter. 

I understand heritage players are not going anywhere and agree that they have every right to represent there country of heritage. But what causes more damage is players swapping countries. I believe 100% this is the biggets problem with International Rugby League and if its not fixed will lead to serious issues down the line. As much as people like to complain abouth the NRL there decison to televise Pacific tests in prime time on a Saturday night has been sensational. A number of the mates I previously mentioned have watched the Pacific tests with me over the last 2 years and have loved them. They have also been given great publicity and backing here in Australia beacuse the games have been excellent and played with wonderful passion. Sure some still comment on the amount of heritage players in Tonga and Samoa both countries play with such passion this is generally overlooked. Where there is now an issue is the swapping of these players. Kata who was playing for Tonga mid year is playing for New Zealand at the end. Same with Lolohea last year. To the casual fan and the media it looks and is ridicoulous. Origin has had some dodgy players in its past (Tamou, Lam etc) but you know for certain there not gonna swap state from year to year. This is on top of the fact countries will now be more full of hertiage players as ever whist countries that produce there own players like PNG and France suffer. 

Throughout the year I have seen coments form players such as Aitken and Coote aswell as Ofahengaue and a number of others about using there respective country as a steping stone to either origin or an Australian jersey. It is obvious to me they should not be playing. Making a player choose which country he will represnt for good will see only committed heritage players who belive representing that country is the pinnacle. I often see people on here talk about how Leilua should be playing for Samoa or how it's terrible that Australian commentators don't recognise Frizell's tests for Wales. It's because the media or fans in Australia cound't care less becuase both of these players were born in Australia, grew up in Australia and should be playing for Australia. Everyone knows both players and countless others such as Milford or Mcguire are playing for there heritage country only because the rules allow them to switch to Australia. Allowing players to swtich countires only serves to damage the Interntaional games image from a fans and media persepctive.

Some people beleive that a more competitve second tier will raise intrest but I truly don't belive that to be the case if that second tier is countries such as Samoa packed with Aussie and Kiwis. If a Samoa in this scernario beats a NZ, ENG or Australia the discussion in Australia won't be about how great that was it will be about how Milford, Paulo etc should be playing for Australia and how much of a joke it is. However if a PNG/France/Wales or Fiji full of there own developed talent wins or is even competive then it will be seen by the fans and media as a true breakthrough. 

Apologise for the long rant but in short the first thing that needs to be changed for more people in Australia to care is genuine tests between countries and no swapping nations

As an Aussie I have diffrent views on why Origin is bigger in Australia then International rugby league. It simply comes down to the fact Origin is well supported by the media whilst International Rugby League for the most part isn't. I say for the most because tests between Australia, New Zealand and England are very well supported by the media and most rugby league fans. This wasnt always the case around the early 2000's when Australia were so far ahead of everyone else but thankfully as the gap has closed publicity and good will has returned.

What the media and a number of fans don't support is the image of heritage full teams. The best example was the 2013 World cup which was a great tournament whith great games but was seen by the media and casual fans in Australia as a tournament full of countries stacked with Australians, Kiwis and Brits. Most people I talked to about the World Cup commented why dont they just have Australia, New Zealand and England play. Some more knowldegable would include France and PNG in that discussion. These people whould happily watch AUS vs ENG with me but woudnt be interested in Scotland vs Italy or even Australia vs Ireland. The amount of poeple who would ask me arent Tedesco, Wallace, Sims etc Australian. I would then have to reply that they qualify through a grandparent which was promptly met with laughter.

I understand heritage players are not going anywhere and agree that they have every right to represent there country of heritage. But what causes more damage is players swapping countries. I believe 100% this is the biggets problem with International Rugby League and if its not fixed will lead to serious issues down the line. As much as people like to complain abouth the NRL there decison to televise Pacific tests in prime time on a Saturday night has been sensational. A number of the mates I previously mentioned have watched the Pacific tests with me over the last 2 years and have loved them. They have also been given great publicity and backing here in Australia beacuse the games have been excellent and played with wonderful passion. Sure some still comment on the amount of heritage players in Tonga and Samoa both countries play with such passion this is generally overlooked. Where there is now an issue is the swapping of these players. Kata who was playing for Tonga mid year is playing for New Zealand at the end. Same with Lolohea last year. To the casual fan and the media it looks and is ridicoulous. Origin has had some dodgy players in its past (Tamou, Lam etc) but you know for certain there not gonna swap state from year to year. This is on top of the fact countries will now be more full of hertiage players as ever whist countries that produce there own players like PNG and France suffer.

Throughout the year I have seen coments form players such as Aitken and Coote aswell as Ofahengaue and a number of others about using there respective country as a steping stone to either origin or an Australian jersey. It is obvious to me they should not be playing. Making a player choose which country he will represnt for good will see only committed heritage players who belive representing that country is the pinnacle. I often see people on here talk about how Leilua should be playing for Samoa or how it's terrible that Australian commentators don't recognise Frizell's tests for Wales. It's because the media or fans in Australia cound't care less becuase both of these players were born in Australia, grew up in Australia and should be playing for Australia. Everyone knows both players and countless others such as Milford or Mcguire are playing for there heritage country only because the rules allow them to switch to Australia. Allowing players to swtich countires only serves to damage the Interntaional games image from a fans and media persepctive.

Some people beleive that a more competitve second tier will raise intrest but I truly don't belive that to be the case if that second tier is countries such as Samoa packed with Aussie and Kiwis. If a Samoa in this scernario beats a NZ, ENG or Australia the discussion in Australia won't be about how great that was it will be about how Milford, Paulo etc should be playing for Australia and how much of a joke it is. However if a PNG/France/Wales or Fiji full of there own developed talent wins or is even competive then it will be seen by the fans and media as a true breakthrough.

Apologise for the long rant but in short the first thing that needs to be changed for more people in Australia to care is genuine tests between countries and no swapping nations

Excellent post, 100% agree

nice one Tex, but apart form NZ beating Aus, none of the above actually happened did it?

I sat in my apartment in Sydney and watched news reporters say things just like that. 45000 turned up and it was the best 4 nations to date. So what didn't happen? The Australian media simply do not respect international RL. Showing games on GEM? FFS come on mate.

3736-mipm.gif

I sat in my apartment in Sydney and watched news reporters say things just like that. 45000 turned up and it was the best 4 nations to date. So what didn't happen? The Australian media simply do not respect international RL. Showing games on GEM? FFS come on mate.

Most Commercial broadcasters in Oz have three or more channels to use.

Does it matter what the name of the channel is?

Its live.

The Final got 25,093, the ground only holds 34,500.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

There are many views from both sides.

I have lived in both Australia and England for many years.

The view from England is not what the Australians understand or see.

They have a game that they have built to what it is today.

They are trying to bring on PNG and Fiji as well as Samoa, Cook Islands and Tonga.

Can you blame them for embracing SOO as a vehicle that has gone a long way to get the TV Media money that puts them where they are now?

I think this is a very valid point that isn't properly recognised over here. Our love of RL makes us a bit blind to the reality. Why would Australian RL give us more attention than their own domestic concerns? They are the biggest sport in the country, no doublt due to a lot of hard work. We aren't even 2nd. It would be like expecting the English football premiership to look on the Aussie Soccer League or whatever it's called as an equal.

That doesn't mean we should 'know our place' and defer to the Aussies in every respect, but we need to get a proper sense of perspective.

I think it is also largely due the RL season in the Aussie media's mind runs from Round 1 until the the NRL grand final. Anything in between in fair game. After that, we've moved on.

Hence when the RL Ashes series used to be played in June/July in Australia they were a big thing.

Buderus, on 27 Oct 2016 - 03:14 AM, said:

Exactly the RIFL want competitive fixtures at all cost.  To make the game more sellable to the U.S or somewhere else.  But in reality it hurts the development of the actual RL countries PNG,Wales and France.

The other crazy issue about heritage squads is the benefit they give is not to huge markets like the U.S(some benefit but not enough to get them in a semi final) or Germany but rather to tiny impoverished nations like Samoa or Tonga or even Lebanon. And this makes sense because migrants go from poor countries to rich ones. I could understand the RIFL wanting heritage nations if it were to promote the game in these big markets.  But instead in the market with the most potential France, they are hurt the most by the heritage squads!  I really think France will not get out of the group in 2017.

I have a different recollection of events. The media were more unhappy with the number of top Aussie's not playing however they did support the tournament and it got plenty of coverage here. We Aussies aren't good losers so what you heard was more us making excuse as to why NZ beat us then it was complaining about the tournament. Also all Australians games were played live on 9 only the other nations games were on GEM which is still a free to air channel so I'm not sure your point

I think it is also largely due the RL season in the Aussie media's mind runs from Round 1 until the the NRL grand final. Anything in between in fair game. After that, we've moved on.

Hence when the RL Ashes series used to be played in June/July in Australia they were a big thing.

The competition with other sports certainly plays apart. However the test between Aus vs NZ and lead up (squad selection) were very well backed by the media and fans. There is also about around our game against England with the Bennett factor and your best team in a long time. What the media doesn't support is the four nations tournament. With many going back to the same why bother rubbish about the inclusion of Scotland who no conincidence are stacked with heritage players including the likes of Coote and Aitken who the Aussie public see as Australian

Tex, no news reporter said any such thing. You are speaking in hysterics.

Which credible news station, would complete their news update with "who cares"? It is nonsensical and defies the whole concept of a news broadcast. Get a grip.

You are also upset Channel 9 broadcast the entire Four Nations on free to air television either through Channel 9 or their GEM network .... So which free to air television station was tonight's 4N Test Match telecast on in the hugely supportive of international rugby league UK media?

You need to spend some important reflection time in front of a mirror Tex.

What the media and a number of fans don't support is the image of heritage full teams. The best example was the 2013 World cup which was a great tournament whith great games but was seen by the media and casual fans in Australia as a tournament full of countries stacked with Australians, Kiwis and Brits. Most people I talked to about the World Cup commented why dont they just have Australia, New Zealand and England play. .............

thorough post B and a well considered one. Organisations like the NRL and RFL still need hinting that their priorities more than ever in this day and age should be foremost to Rugby League. There are still many key influencers in the sport that prioritise their position over the good fortune of RL.

So discussion on Origin v Tests turns to more bashing of the heritage rule? I think that's rubbish. The people who whinge most about the heritage rule and heritage teams are fans on the internet and casual fans who don't really care about more than their own club. The media don't give a ###### because they rarely give a ###### about any international rugby league. 

For example:

- No TV station had the first Baskerville Shield test last year. We had to watch on Eurosport. It was only after enough fans complained to Fox Sports that we got to see the second and third tests. Was it because of heritage players? No, it's because the media is awful when it comes to internationals. 

- The only way to see the Four Nations is on GEM (a Channel Nine sub-station) very early in the morning. There are no replays on either free-to-air or Fox Sports. I'm away for the next two weeks and the only way I can see the games when I get back is to watch Youtube replays. 

- The 2008 World Cup was derided in the media not because of Pools B and C, but because Australia smashed both NZ and England in the Group stage. Australia had won the last 7 or so World Cups so the media criticised us even having it. They couldn't give a ###### about the heritage teams as Groups B and C got no coverage whatsoever. 

- The reason fans wonder why they don't just have the big 3 play not because of heritage teams, but because no one else can win it. If it was because of heritage teams then they'd be happy to have France, Wales, PNG, Fiji at least play. For some reason league is held to this criticism while Union gets a free pass when at most 6-7 teams can win any one tournament. They also get a free pass for 100+ to nil scorelines while if it happens in rugby league it 'damages the credibility'. The same happens when the All Blacks win by 60 over good opposition. The All Blacks are praised while if the Kangaroos smash NZ or England all we hear is how our sport is a one horse race. 

- Many fans and many in the media loved how competitive Samoa was in 2014. Many also love the Samoa-Tonga mid-year test. Samoa captured the fans and the media's attention much more than PNG did in 2010. And it wasn't because Samoa was a heritage side, it was because they were competitive. And Samoa is and largely will remain a heritage side, given the size of their country. They are clearly Samoan and proud of playing for Samoa. Would anyone say to their face that they aren't Samoan and shouldn't be playing for Samoa because they aren't born there?

- Origin has used even worse qualification rules in the past. Inglis, Uate, Tamou for example. The Luke Keary situation was ridiculous. Fans still support it, because qualification rules aren't why 95% of fans follow something. 

And the reason Origin is more respected here now is because of Super League. Before that the Kangaroo and Lions Tours were bigger events than Origin. After Super League England were far behind. The 2000 World Cup bombed then we had next to no international presence here until the 2006 Tri Nations. From 2001-2005 all tournaments and series were played in the UK. In the middle of that we had the 2003 Rugby World Cup. Our international game was pretty much forgotten in both the media and the public. 

Since then its been hard to gain support for an arena where Australia dominates more often than not. The Kiwis resurgence has helped a lot though. But its still hard when the majority of tests held on Australian soil are one-off tests against NZ where Australia wins 99% of the time. Australia has only played England three times here in the last ten years. With all of them being in Melbourne for some reason. 

Not to mention it doesn't help that our coaches put their club over the sport as a whole. Our media has a very insular view of the game, with a majority caring more about the game in Sydney than spreading our game to the rest of Australia even, let alone the world. 

But the biggest stumbling block in my opinion is that we have so many fans who are just cynical losers who prefer to whine rather than support the game or do anything about it. Fans who complain about crowds but don't go to games (this happens in the NRL too). Fans who complain about heritage sides but won't go and support genuine sides like Wales or PNG. Fans who laugh at our crowds but then criticise us not taking a World Cup to the USA in 2021. And most of all, fans who deride the international game and the loss of rugby league presence both locally and internationally and don't do anything to support it and criticise those who do. 

I had personal experience last year with this. My town in Australia had been without a club for ten years. I managed to get the club I play for out for a competition game, the first one played on our field for ten years. And what did so many who whinged about not having a club and nothing ever happening? They didn't come because they didn't like the clubs that were playing and weren't getting any money out of it. But we had a very successful day and the sports oval was green again with new posts. And international league is the same. It will continue to grow and be successful as long as the right people support it. The losers can sit at home and whinge all they like. I'll look forward to the World Cup next year and my next trip to England in 2021. 

So discussion on Origin v Tests turns to more bashing of the heritage rule? I think that's rubbish. The people who whinge most about the heritage rule and heritage teams are fans on the internet and casual fans who don't really care about more than their own club. The media don't give a ###### because they rarely give a ###### about any international rugby league. 

For example:

- No TV station had the first Baskerville Shield test last year. We had to watch on Eurosport. It was only after enough fans complained to Fox Sports that we got to see the second and third tests. Was it because of heritage players? No, it's because the media is awful when it comes to internationals. 

- The only way to see the Four Nations is on GEM (a Channel Nine sub-station) very early in the morning. There are no replays on either free-to-air or Fox Sports. I'm away for the next two weeks and the only way I can see the games when I get back is to watch Youtube replays. 

- The 2008 World Cup was derided in the media not because of Pools B and C, but because Australia smashed both NZ and England in the Group stage. Australia had won the last 7 or so World Cups so the media criticised us even having it. They couldn't give a ###### about the heritage teams as Groups B and C got no coverage whatsoever. 

- The reason fans wonder why they don't just have the big 3 play not because of heritage teams, but because no one else can win it. If it was because of heritage teams then they'd be happy to have France, Wales, PNG, Fiji at least play. For some reason league is held to this criticism while Union gets a free pass when at most 6-7 teams can win any one tournament. They also get a free pass for 100+ to nil scorelines while if it happens in rugby league it 'damages the credibility'. The same happens when the All Blacks win by 60 over good opposition. The All Blacks are praised while if the Kangaroos smash NZ or England all we hear is how our sport is a one horse race. 

- Many fans and many in the media loved how competitive Samoa was in 2014. Many also love the Samoa-Tonga mid-year test. Samoa captured the fans and the media's attention much more than PNG did in 2010. And it wasn't because Samoa was a heritage side, it was because they were competitive. And Samoa is and largely will remain a heritage side, given the size of their country. They are clearly Samoan and proud of playing for Samoa. Would anyone say to their face that they aren't Samoan and shouldn't be playing for Samoa because they aren't born there?

- Origin has used even worse qualification rules in the past. Inglis, Uate, Tamou for example. The Luke Keary situation was ridiculous. Fans still support it, because qualification rules aren't why 95% of fans follow something. 

And the reason Origin is more respected here now is because of Super League. Before that the Kangaroo and Lions Tours were bigger events than Origin. After Super League England were far behind. The 2000 World Cup bombed then we had next to no international presence here until the 2006 Tri Nations. From 2001-2005 all tournaments and series were played in the UK. In the middle of that we had the 2003 Rugby World Cup. Our international game was pretty much forgotten in both the media and the public. 

Since then its been hard to gain support for an arena where Australia dominates more often than not. The Kiwis resurgence has helped a lot though. But its still hard when the majority of tests held on Australian soil are one-off tests against NZ where Australia wins 99% of the time. Australia has only played England three times here in the last ten years. With all of them being in Melbourne for some reason. 

Not to mention it doesn't help that our coaches put their club over the sport as a whole. Our media has a very insular view of the game, with a majority caring more about the game in Sydney than spreading our game to the rest of Australia even, let alone the world. 

But the biggest stumbling block in my opinion is that we have so many fans who are just cynical losers who prefer to whine rather than support the game or do anything about it. Fans who complain about crowds but don't go to games (this happens in the NRL too). Fans who complain about heritage sides but won't go and support genuine sides like Wales or PNG. Fans who laugh at our crowds but then criticise us not taking a World Cup to the USA in 2021. And most of all, fans who deride the international game and the loss of rugby league presence both locally and internationally and don't do anything to support it and criticise those who do. 

I had personal experience last year with this. My town in Australia had been without a club for ten years. I managed to get the club I play for out for a competition game, the first one played on our field for ten years. And what did so many who whinged about not having a club and nothing ever happening? They didn't come because they didn't like the clubs that were playing and weren't getting any money out of it. But we had a very successful day and the sports oval was green again with new posts. And international league is the same. It will continue to grow and be successful as long as the right people support it. The losers can sit at home and whinge all they like. I'll look forward to the World Cup next year and my next trip to England in 2021. 

A few points to start with, I am not "bashing hertiage players" I am discussing why Origin is bigger than International Rugby League in regards to the media. I stated in my paragraph that heritage players have every right to represent there country of heritage. I belive the biggest issue is players swapping countries. 

Did you really expect Free to Air coverage in Australia for a NZ vs ENG test series. It was poor they didn't show the first test however they showed the second and third on eurosport which is a foxtel chanel exactly the same as fox sports.

Whilst I agree a replay would be nice this isn't common practice and I don't understand what you have against GEM. GEM is a free to air chanel! When the Ashes is played in England (a far larger international sports event in Australia) it is broadcast on GEM does this mean the media is ignoring it?

I touched on the comeptivness point in the first paragraph, The 2008 World Cup was written of by sections of the media before it began with most calling for a tri nations tournament instead. With all the attention of the super group, groups B and C were ignored by the media because they were seen as teams stacked with Aussies, Kiwis and Poms. Many in the media saw teams like Tonga and Fiji as being plenty competieve. There was even talk that Tonga could beat NZ (they had Jennings and Mateo who were coming of great seasons) but still no one cared because they were seen as Aussie B. 

Union gets a free pass when teams get beat by 100 plus beacuse they have players from that country. Namibia, Uruguay, Portugal etc might all get smashed but all 3 have players genuinley from there country. When a USA, Scotland or Ireland get smashed it's a joke beacuse the majority of there teams are made up of Australians, Kiwis and Poms. 

If you read my paragrpah before you wrote you would have seen I specifically talked about how good Samoa and the pacific tests have been and how the passion they play with means questions over there heritage are overlooked. Again as I have stated I belive hertage players have ever right to represnt there country of heritage the problem is when player such as McGuire and Milford swap countries. This looks and is completely ridicoulous that you can change what country you represent from tournamnet to tournament. 

Again I wrote about how origin has seen some dodgy players picked. But the diffrence is once they have picked they can't change later that year. They are commiteed to representing the Blue or Marroon. Of course fan support it just as fans still support Interntaional Rugby League however many fans hated the fact Tamou is playing for NSW or Inglis is playing for QLD. If no one cared then Origin would have tunred into an all star game by now with Radradra, Burgess, Johnson and Graham all taking part. But people want to see New south welshamn playing for NSW and queenslanders playing for QLD. 

Your next two paragraph represnt issues with how International Rugby League is run. If it's run as badly as you think it is are you suprised the media hasn't taken more intrest? The media dosen't owe any sport coverage and interest it has to earn it.

Your last paragraph about who fans who are insular losers is pathetic. Just beacuse someone has an opinion that is critical of International Rugby League dosen't mean they don't support it. I love the International game and have been to the mid year test and the pacific tests this year yet there are still a number of areas I think the Interntaional game could improve on. 

So

Your post was mostly balderdash and self aggrandizement.

Archived