Fox take over Sky

Colly

Since SL is a Sky product, I don't see why they'd want to get rid of it. The last thing we should do is have everything on Premier Sports, that channel's not even available on Virgin for example.

Try Virgin Channel N°551, it's been on there more or less since Setanta ceased.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

Since SL is a Sky product, I don't see why they'd want to get rid of it. The last thing we should do is have everything on Premier Sports, that channel's not even available on Virgin for example.

It launched on Virgin just before the RLWC

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

We need to continue to seek ways to make the sport better and more attractive to all and any tv companies.

Then we may get interest from itv or bt too. Unfortunately premier sports would have to grow so much to be competitive they are merely a stop gap providing rights continue to grow in value for English domestic, international and nrl coverage.

Hopefully they have thought of a back up plan - although their NHL coverage suggests they would tap into more North American sports that are not showcased already.

I hope that Fox will have a greater interest in RL, and also given that it is making a ripple in Canadian and American areas currently that should grow.

OK, fair comment Dave, so we have to lump the increases in subscriptions for a lesser product and air time as far as Rugby League is concerned.

I for one, would prefer to pay for what I want to watch and not have to over-subscribe to watch my game to finance sports like Football, R.U. Formula 1, and Darts to mention but a few.

I have always believed in direct taxation if you want to use something then pay for it, don't expect others to pay for you.

RL is most likely financed by football. If you want to see evidence of this look what happens when a SL goes up against PL Football match as opposed to the BARB figures when it does not go up against any significant football matches. That ties in with Sky. BARB research which shows that a significant number of subscribers that have football as their most watched sport regularly watch RL, that pattern is not replicated with most other sports with the exception of Darts.

They also have committed themselves to SL. Given they have lost rights to other sports including losing it's share of football  it is in their interest to continue supporting RL. 

They also have committed themselves to SL. Given they have lost rights to other sports including losing it's share of football  it is in their interest to continue supporting RL.

But as I stated previously, Sky have seen fit to abandon a lot of games/matches they used to broadcast in return replacing them with 25bob studio programmes.

As you say, they have lost a lot of their football rights and I thought that may have been a chance to air more RL, but they have decided to show other sports instead, as our subscriptions have increased there has been a marked %? reduction in what we receive per £ we spend.

"If Rugby League had never been Invented, today we would only have Rugby League"

But as I stated previously, Sky have seen fit to abandon a lot of games/matches they used to broadcast in return replacing them with 25bob studio programmes.

As you say, they have lost a lot of their football rights and I thought that may have been a chance to air more RL, but they have decided to show other sports instead, as our subscriptions have increased there has been a marked %? reduction in what we receive per £ we spend.

They are showing more SL than ever - are showing Challenge Cup, Qualifiers and have rights for future internationals in one of their deals.

They have lost Internationals, covering less championships and minor events like the Varsity game.

How many fewer live games are they showing now Gary?

Archived