Aberdeen Warrriors Looking for Fixtures

Dear Clubs

Aberdeen Warriors are looking for fixtures for 2017 and would be interested in home or away fixtures.

Would any clubs be able to facilitate a fixture with us on a free weekend?

We would be happy to play a select side to get boys playing the game.

Please contact our head coach Craig Parslow on 07769315500 or headcoach@aberdeenwarriors.com if you would be able to help us out.

Many Thanks and Merry Christmas from all at Aberdeen Warriors.

I'm going to gauge interest with the lads and price up travel. Do you have a contact for some reasonably priced accommodation up there?

If not, would you be interested in coming down here?

Beefy1 We do have a hotel we work with in Aberdeen, The Northern Hotel, Aberdeen http://www.aberdeennorthernhotel.com/

Email Eric Bain for a quote and let him know your coming up to play us they gave us a great deal last season Eric@aberdeennorthernhotel.com 

Spidey,have you any idea where Aberdeen is? Do you appreciate the distances involved? Do you have any idea of the costs involved? Have you the faintest idea of the time involved?

Yes to all. I'd rather hear from them what the blockers are than assume for myself. If it's geography fair enough, but could be easily they don't want to play a full season

For us funding would be a challenge but not an absolute blocker. For games we would look at away games leaving on a Friday night and home on the Saturday night. Doing this ever other week may be tasking so some players but again not a complete blocker. With funding in place and a good partnership with a coach/flight company things could be worked out.

For teams visiting Aberdeen we would be able to get a fantastic deal on a hotel for travelling teams and would make for a great away trip for the season.

It's definitely achievable.

We don't know how we would try and enter the NCL, what is the process? A business plan would certainly need to be put into place. Depending on circumstances would need backed by SRL.

We don't know how we would try and enter the NCL, what is the process? A business plan would certainly need to be put into place. Depending on circumstances would need backed by SRL.

If you visit NCL website I'm sure there's an application form which gives an indication of the criteria.

Funding would be a challenge I guess, and geography a put off for the existing members I think for Aberdeen and Scotland to take off you need to play in a proper league at some point

Can you elaborate further? Is there something stopping the application process?

Just done a quick search on google maps for travel times by car from Leeds/Manchester/hull to aberdeen, times varied from 5 and a half hours to over 6 and a half hours there. Did not check return journey.

Could you really see a team doing a 11 hour plus round trip every other week like they would have to. Also think of the costs of doing that.

• 2 weeks later...

For us funding would be a challenge but not an absolute blocker. For games we would look at away games leaving on a Friday night and home on the Saturday night. Doing this ever other week may be tasking so some players but again not a complete blocker. With funding in place and a good partnership with a coach/flight company things could be worked out.

For teams visiting Aberdeen we would be able to get a fantastic deal on a hotel for travelling teams and would make for a great away trip for the season.

It's definitely achievable.

Hi mate, there are several clubs here in Warrington, it might be tough going, but it may be better for you to come down for a few days and play 2 teams, really get your money's worth.

At a guess, Aberdeen wouldn't be eligible for NCL because AFAIK they don't run juniors (I may be wrong). Don't the NCL clubs have to vote on whether to let new clubs in also? I can't imagine many clubs voting to incur extra cost for themselves to such an extent.

They do have junior sides. If I was Aberdeen I'd be investigating any competition that would give regular meaningful opposition instead of what they have now

Ultimately it's down to the clubs to accept or reject new applicant and the distance would put plenty off

But that shouldn't stop Abderdeen investigating the possibility - as it stands it doesn't even seem to have been considered

Once upon a time Skolars were in the NCL.

Egremont to Skolars is similar distance as Crosfields to Aberdeen

• 2 months later...

Archived