I'd be interested to know...

BryanC

...how many of you who stayed away last season due to the move to Bower Fold (or any other reason), are now going to make the trip down to Stalybridge in the new season?

As one who "stayed away" for a good while, I have really enjoyed my rugby since my return. We have a marvellous squad who deserve the support and it would be fantastic to see an average four-figure home gate.

So - who's coming?

As one who "stayed away" for a good while, I have really enjoyed my rugby since my return. We have a marvellous squad who deserve the support and it would be fantastic to see an average four-figure home gate.

Fingers crossed that the good vibe around the club at the moment translates into numbers through the gate.  We averaged 831 last season, an increase of 200 from the previous year.  A 20% increase in 2017 will see us burst the 1000 barrier.  

I like the bring a mate idea.  If one in four of us did just that for every game, we'd reach four figure attendances regularly.   

Does this sort of article get published in the chronicle because that's where it needs to be aired to get it across to the Oldham public

chappy

Probably not, we have the same problem with the Batley News mainly due to it not coming from the club, unless one of you gets friendly with a journo on the paper.

Happy New Year to you all.

Roger(Batley fan).

Probably not, we have the same problem with the Batley News mainly due to it not coming from the club, unless one of you gets friendly with a journo on the paper.

Happy New Year to you all.

Roger(Batley fan).

If the Chron and Batley news are like any other local paper theses days, there is no one left to do reports.  If you package things correctly (Give them a complete article, in the right format/style with pictures and quotes) there is a good chance it will go straight in without editing!  

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

Hi guys, I moved back to he area last Feb (just in time for the start of the season) after living everywhere bar the North West for the last 20 years. During the last few years I have used this forum to keep up with what has actually been going on, and I thought it about time I chucked my two penneth in.

I have bought a season ticket for this year, and while I was paying for it Nigel at the club told me they had sold 40-odd more than last year. I don't know how many they sold last year but I reckon this is between 10% and 20% increase. If this increase is across the board (there is the same increase in non season ticket holders) then we are not far off - a 20% increase on 831 is 831 + 166 = 997 (I am sure you could have worked it out yourself but thought I would save you the trouble)  

Welcome to the forum and back to the club Fluffybed.I'm sure you'll be glad you bought your season ticket for the coming season,we saw some cracking rugby league last season. The boys really turned in the performances. We have retained the bulk of last year's squad with some new blood coming in.The season promises to be more competitive than last season so more to look forward to.

might i recommend eating raw jelly cubes as a fingernail strengthener?

cos if this season is going to be owt like last, your nails are going to be whittled away to stubs.....what an amazing adrenaline filled way to prove youre alive! better than extreme sports for that rush any day of the week!

Archived