Rochdale game

andyram

2 hours ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Absolutely disgraceful, why put Wakefield players in they did nothing, couldn't burst their way out of a paper bag, very very poor.

Would like to say we can only get better but can't see it.

We need a good half back and somebody to lead the team the players we've got t the moment can't.

So only the Wakefield players were poor and it's purely the fault of the four Wakefield players two of whom are recovering from injuries - do you really think that's fair?

That said I have no idea why you would play four loan players in game one - surely short term duel reg is there to shore up injuries have you not got a full 17 available?

Of the four players only Jowitt would be long term I'd have thought and he's not fit. Fafita and MCB will deffo be first team and there is absolutely no point playing Hirst in the division he's just left.

2 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Didn't really expect our SL mates to put their bodies on the line. They will probably be automatic first team selections too. What we need is fringe players on extended loan, who at least will have a point to prove.

Spot on and we have a few of those - suppose it depends where you are short of numbers?

I imagine Crowther (SR), Batchelor (SR), Walker (PROP), Gibson (BACK), Arundel (BACK), Moules (Hooker), Morris (PROP), Molloy (SR), Mazive (BACK) and Anakin (S/R PROP) may be available I don't know but the ones in bold would be most likely long term and all pretty decent.

3 hours ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Absolutely disgraceful, why put Wakefield players in they did nothing, couldn't burst their way out of a paper bag, very very poor.

Would like to say we can only get better but can't see it.

We need a good half back and somebody to lead the team the players we've got t the moment can't.

Dont Blame the Wakefield lads..Many of us saw this coming ages ago..

Personally I thought it was a very useful game and I learnt a lot.

Firstly, DR isn't going to save us...

We still don't have a leader

We know for a fact that there are specific orders on offloading because Keegan Hirst, who whatever we think about him, made no effort to do so and indeed I didn't count one.  Compare this to his time at Batley.  Add this to whats happened to Mitch Stringer and I think we have proof..

That we will still make no effort to move up when defending 

We havent improved our kicking game

That whatever Dane Chisholm would cost was potentially worth paying because with the current half backs we are almost certain to be relegated and whatever he would cost will be a fraction of what relegation will cost us..

Finally and most importantly I learnt that I can save a whole lot of money this year by not bothering with another away match until we are pushing for promotion next year...in Championship one..

1 hour ago, ornit4ever said:

The clue is in the result mate

I think they will surprise a few teams this year, but make no mistake we were shocking and if Oldham, or any other teams can on top of their forwards early doors I think it will be an entirely different game..

Good luck to them though.  They play a style of rugby I would pay to watch and have nice scrum half and a couple of decent forwards

Worst Dewsbury performance i have seen. No passion no commitment and no leadership. I have been a supporter of Morrison in the past but today showed that he has lost the plot and doesnt know what to do. Wont be wasting my money going to any more away games

Firstly, Well played to Rochdale - they would have been a pleasure to watch had they not been destroying the Rams. I particularly liked the No.7, but their whole team played well. Grear RL with some good half back play, sharp passing and aggressive running.

As for Dewsbury -  i expected us to get a tough game, possibly to lose - but not so comprehensively. Dewsbury were dire. Aside from one strong run from our (Wakefield) winger in the 1st half there was nothing of note. 2nd half worse. Half-backs were ineffective. Everyone poor. There was no rugby played. Dismayed that I have bought a season ticket and have to watch this for the rest of the season. Hard to see how things can change for the better.

Dream start to the season for Rochdale and congratulations to them they were far the better side. I would expect them to suprise a few more this season although not with the same ease as against us. 

As for our display it was totally disgraceful and unacceptable. Against wakefield we looked far better not world beaters but like a side that had cohesion and far smarter than the dross served up yesterday. Morrisons time in charge is now turning very sour indeed although the player's themselves need to take a massive amount of responsibility for yesterday's disaster. 

What galls me is we loyal supporters were there in decent number and all we got was a smack in the face for it.  Yesterday affirmed by decision not to invest in a season ticket.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/ image.png.96e4130d8b139666bf34e8fcdead30d9.png

On 05/02/2017 at 5:46 PM, moorside roughyed said:

Stunned isn't the word.WOW,I didn't see that scoreline coming .Where Rochdale that good or the Rams that bad?.Or a combination of the two?.

I dunno, but you've got egg on your face Moorside. Ha Ha.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

Archived