Rochdale game

andyram

Well pre season games are out of the way,hopefully we have 17 players ready for Sunday,maybe one or two from our new friends from Trinity.

Can this game already be called a relegation decider,maybe not.It will give us a idea of where we are in terms of bottom four or safety middle of the table.

Think the Hornets will string us:

Rochdale 24-18 Rams.

Impossible to call don't know if morrison is picking the team or chester is calling the shots...as we're on our backside for fit players

Losing is a habit and we're on a run of 4 defeats on the bounce...might even be more as I can't even remember the last few games of last season..so for me to call a score you've to pitch 2 in

One without Wakefields help

And

One without 

Rochdale 28 Dewsbury ram's 23

Or

Rochdale 22 Wakefield ram's 29

Games against newly promoted teams are always the worst option in my opinion; I would much rather we were pitched against "fancied" teams early on when there is more chance of an upset.

Rochdale will be well up for this and their players will be raring to go, proving how good they are against opposition in this league. If we are at anything less than our best we will be vulnerable to a hiding (cf Oldham away last season). In addition games between our two clubs have often been totally unpredictable and often quite exciting, for the neutral at least.

For once I will allow my heart to dominate my head and predict:

Rodhdale 26 - 32 Dewsbury

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Do you mean like Oldham last season BSJ? I think I was still smiling in March after that result :lol:

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Do you mean like Oldham last season BSJ? I think I was still smiling in March after that result :lol:

Yes PM, that's exactly what I said in my post.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Sorry BSJ just thinking about it again brought tears of joy to my eyes and I never read anything in brackets as Shakespeare never used them!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Oh now you've done it CF those tears of joy have turned to tears of woe!

Being kissed by me IS a fate worse than death!!

Well the season starts proper today!!   Its going to be very interesting to see just how motivated the 4 Wakey lads will be!   If they are up for it we will win.. if they're not we will probably lose .......   but its great to have the season finally underway ..... some real game time to post about!!

30 minutes ago, BROADEDDIE said:

Absolutely disgraceful, why put Wakefield players in they did nothing, couldn't burst their way out of a paper bag, very very poor.

Would like to say we can only get better but can't see it.

We need a good half back and somebody to lead the team the players we've got t the moment can't.

Didn't really expect our SL mates to put their bodies on the line. They will probably be automatic first team selections too. What we need is fringe players on extended loan, who at least will have a point to prove.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Stunned isn't the word.WOW,I didn't see that scoreline coming .Where Rochdale that good or the Rams that bad?.Or a combination of the two?.

I think we should be gracious enough to accept Rochdale were the better side, end of. So well played Hornets, hope you have a good season.- not at our expense though.;)

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Archived