Lamport Stadium Redevelopment

ojx

In an interview, I heard Eric Perez mention that one option being considered was to redevelop the city owned Lamport Stadium. I believe this would be a great option, it provides a cozy venue up to 10,000. With some  upgrades it could be a great venue. I really don't think BMO should be used unless we are going to consistently fill lt. A half filled stadium looks terrible, as you can see at Argos games.

Would love to see the club rip up the plastic and stick some turf down . This game deserves to be played on grass and when the comp gets tougher you could struggle with Injuries related to the pitch . The stadium itself looks great on the TV and more than enough for the next few years

16 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Would love to see the club rip up the plastic and stick some turf down . This game deserves to be played on grass and when the comp gets tougher you could struggle with Injuries related to the pitch . The stadium itself looks great on the TV and more than enough for the next few years

I would love to see turf there, but the city of Toronto won't allow that to happen. It is used all winter under a bubble, my son does his winter soccer training there. I believe they are going to install an improved plastic field in a year or so.

It's down for artificial pitch replacement next year.  It's clear from the videos that they have worked on the changing rooms and given them a facelift, at least on the Toronto side.

Liberty Village is on the upswing anyway so more City funds may be available to improve overall facilities there.

If crowds at Lamport are maintained it think it might be a factor in putting roofs over the seats, for example.  That would certainly help the atmosphere by holding more of the noise in, it could be quite the cauldron then.

Just now, CanaBull said:

It's down for artificial pitch replacement next year.  It's clear from the videos that they have worked on the changing rooms and given them a facelift, at least on the Toronto side.

Liberty Village is on the upswing anyway so more City funds may be available to improve overall facilities there.

If crowds at Lamport are maintained it think it might be a factor in putting roofs over the seats, for example.  That would certainly help the atmosphere by holding more of the noise in, it could be quite the cauldron then.

The first thing is higher screening so balls stop flying out onto King St.and the parking lot.  The roof is a must if possible since there could be some inclement weather and people would appreciate some sort of cover (not us visiting country folk, but for the city people!).  This will have to be in the long term plans and they probably wouldn't do it right away but it is a good idea.  Many women were also complaining about the womens washroom (lineup and unclean); of course not us rural folk (no, never) but the urbanites.  Not my wife complaining: NO WAY!

Liberty Village is certainly on the move up and is looking great!  Nice upward moving area of the city.

A few years back when they had the big debate about turf and TFC there was some type of new turf proposed that was half artificial and half natural...I know it sounds weird...but it was mentioned.  This would be a great option if practical for all users?  Don't know but it was mentioned.

I didn't think it was too bad...the Taj Mahal compared to some of the joints I've been in but the ladies...well that is another matter.

Also:  They need two (2) hotdogs guns at halftime not just one...keep those weiners flying!  The fans love it...especially the kids and visiting English fans.

On 25/05/2017 at 1:25 AM, CanaBull said:

Considering the god awful smelling troughs we used to have to pee in at Odsal, Lamport is a step up, but yes I agree those facilities do need some sprucing up.

Odsal toilets were palatial compared to the Boulevard Cana. 

rldfsignature.jpg

On 24/05/2017 at 11:00 PM, Kayakman said:

A few years back when they had the big debate about turf and TFC there was some type of new turf proposed that was half artificial and half natural...I know it sounds weird...but it was mentioned.  This would be a great option if practical for all users?  Don't know but it was mentioned.

It does exist K man. It's installed at the KCom stadium in Hull where Hull FC and Hull City play. Generally it wears well but every now and then they kick Hull FC out for a couple of games while they re-seed the pitch.

rldfsignature.jpg

Might be something to look at in the future...the climate over her presents unique problems and also the bubble over the field for winter use...natural grass would go into remission probably.  I don't know:

"Dammit Deluded Pom...I'm a Rugby League fan...not a Botanist!"-Bones

Just now, deluded pom? said:

It does exist K man. It's installed at the KCom stadium in Hull where Hull FC and Hull City play. Generally it wears well but every now and then they kick Hull FC out for a couple of games while they re-seed the pitch.

If and when such a redevelopment comes to pass they need to give priority to lengthening the field to the full 100 metres with deeper goal areas (ideally 10 metres deep IMO), so that they can mark the field with equidistant lines with numbers like they do in Australia and New Zealand.  Then the parallels to gridiron would jump out at anyone tuning in to the TV coverage just like did to me when I first saw RL 20+ years ago.

Archived