Swap deal farce

Tony F

Ive gotten stick all season for being critical of the coach, so you know my thoughts.

Forget the Dewsbury Ostriches, long live the Batley Ostriches, sticking our heads in the sand while the whole farm burns down around us.

my boycot idea in response to Diskin telling fans to f*ck off suddenly doesnt seem such a bad idea hey?

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

Stats aren't everything by any means but Hallett has scored 30 tries in 42 games and Crookes 26 tries in 84 games according to Wikipedia.  

Anyway, we must welcome the fellah and give him a chance.

If he jumps out of the defensive line like he did for us, then you'll be conceding 84 tries in 26 games.

10 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:

Tonkas played with an injury.He could have cried off like some

Love Tonka to bits, he's my kind of prop ( And I certainly look more like him than Jamie Peacock), but I agree with therein - I think his age and injuries are catching up with him. Reckon he will retire next season if not before - hope I'm wrong though.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

11 hours ago, Bi11 said:

Stats aren't everything by any means but Hallett has scored 30 tries in 42 games and Crookes 26 tries in 84 games according to Wikipedia.  

Anyway, we must welcome the fellah and give him a chance.

Crookes is a good try scorer and very brave. His defence often leaves something to wish for, however.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

10 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Crookes is a good try scorer and very brave. His defence often leaves something to wish for, however.

An interesting comment BSJ.  As you can see Hallett's strike rate is twice as good as Crookes.  The assumption was that Hallett was dragged off the field because Diskin was unimpressed by his tackling. Hallett was signed as a replacement for Ulugia and in my books is not as dangerous a player as Ulugia but he knows his way to the line, gets involved and I thought him a more reliable defender than Ulugia.  I'm sure that he will go well for you. 

18 hours ago, doggystyle said:

When dragged off before half time in his last appearance, Hallett exclaimed for fans next to the bench to clearly hear "I will never put on a Batley shirt again!" This was told to me when we saw him at Summer Bash in his hawaiin shirt. Wasn't there but I believe the informer to be a reliable source.

I believe the informer isn't as reliable as you may think. I was sat behind the dugout and yes choice words where said, about an incident on the pitch, but those words where not. Good luck to the kid, had passion and ability to score tries, especially when played in correct position and used the right way. Good luck to him.

Archived