Corner turned

Kevin Nicholas

Dogstew, I can't say outright why the referee subbed himself. But can point out that Jack Smith is a shadow of the man who officiated our opening game in Toulouse. Since then he's opted to work part time only;something isn't right. 

Agree with you there Doggystyle.  When I have seen Jack Smith earlier this season I thought he was one of the best ones coming through for a long while.  Seemed to be up with play, handled the games well and made positive decisions.  Couldn't believe the difference on Sunday, he hardly made any decisions which allowed the match to become quite scrappy at times. Then when we had the change of ref he seemed to be using a completely different rule book from Smith.  Incidents which had previously been allowed to happen for 60 minutes or so became offences.  The change of reasoning also appeared to effect us more than Toulouse, possibly because as a result of the initial decision we were then defending for periods and subsequently conceding further penalties.

Does anyone know what was up with the ref? He didn't seem outwardly injured at the time, hope it's nothing serious.

What was the 2 pointer retaken for? Some people are saying someone in the crowd shouted something as he was taking the missed kick? I've never seen a kick retaken for any reason, it seemed a bit odd.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

Just now, PKK said:

Does anyone know what was up with the ref? He didn't seem outwardly injured at the time, hope it's nothing serious.

What was the 2 pointer retaken for? Some people are saying someone in the crowd shouted something as he was taking the missed kick? I've never seen a kick retaken for any reason, it seemed a bit odd.

bad pie he reckoned..and players moved under sticks so he said take it again,, numptie really who lost us the game, i wonder how many newbies never come back due to rubbish officials spoiling games.

19 hours ago, silverback said:

players moved under sticks so he said take it again,, numptie really who lost us the game, i wonder how many newbies never come back due to rubbish officials spoiling games.

Ffs. That's ridiculous. That happens ALL the time, yet that's the first I've ever seen one re-taken. This ref better pull up every other team that does the same for the rest of the season.

Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

8 minutes ago, PKK said:

Ffs. That's ridiculous. That happens ALL the time, yet that's the first I've ever seen one re-taken. This ref better pull up every other team that does the same for the rest of the season.

I thought l saw him gesture to his mouth when he awarded the re kick, so assumed that someone had shouted as the player kicked! 

It was a crucial decision, as it meant that a point was out of range when we were attacking in the final minutes!

The kick was retaken after one of our players shouted out as he was taking kick.

I personally have never seen that decision before but am told it is correct.

Jack Smith told me that he came off as he was having a problem with his hip.

I had no issues with his refereeing personally although maybe a couple of decisions could have gone our way.

I did have issues with ref & touchjudge after Jack left field!! Then we have the same ref this week which is very unlucky so we will have to make our own luck.

Archived