Wheelchair World Cup Live Streams

Several matches of the Wheelchair World Cup will be streamed live on Facebook and YouTube

http://www.ffr13.fr/actualites/coupe-du-monde-fauteuil-2017-live/

Host nation and defending champions France will be welcoming teams from Spain, Italy, Wales, Scotland, England and Australia to towns around the South of France. 18-28th July

http://www.ffr13.fr/actualites/coupe-du-monde-rugby-xiii-fauteuil-le-programme/

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Wales Wheelchair RL are travelling out with 9 players and 2 staff. We will attempt to keep you up to date on our Twitter account @WalesWhRL and through Facebook. We don't have the infrastructure or financial backing that some of the teams have - in fact all our players are self-funding or have been fortunate enough to find individual sponsors - but we will travel in good spirit and ensure we play hard but fair.

Dalu Credu.

Cymru Am Byth!

Tomorrow's final will be streamed by the FFR XIII YouTube and Facebook accounts. 
I think you'll be able to find a stream in the English social media channels, too, if you prefer the English commentary (though the quality of the camera's angle could be worse than the French feed). 
I'll update with proper working links tomorrow. 

The 3/4 place playoff between Australia and Italy has not been streamed, due to issues with the wi-fi connection in place. 
The Wheelaroos promised to upload the entire match asap. 

Toronto Wolfpack Global Ambassador

Wales WhRL are back from the World Cup in France. 

What a fantastic, if exhausting experience. Wales lost to Australia, but made some great friends.

In our second game we had a brilliant first half to be leading against England, but a harsh sending off resulted in England piling on the pressure against 4 defenders and the points piled on. 

Our third game against France was a fiery affair and Wales fronted up agains the silky skills of the French attack. No excuses, they were a fabulous team with great charir skills and rugby finesse.

Which put us in 4th place and a playoff against newcomers Italy. We had our worst game of the tournament and nothing we did went our way. Lots of errors and penaties but Italy had recruited some superb players from the French league sides and from basketball and deserved their victory.

Our final game in the 5th/6th play offs saw us facing Spain, who went ahead early, but Wales despite having team Captain Mark Williams sidelined due to a dislocated shoulder and Harry Jones out due to two epileptic seizures brought on by flash photography at the game, came away with a well deserved win and 5th place in the tournament.

Highs: Claire Cranston scoring 3 tries in the tournament and wining Player of the Match against Spain... whcih cost me a shaved head!

Then the local school children running onto the pitch for autographs. One of our players commented "Now I know how One Direction feel!" 

Receptions - one in a Chateau, one a huge paella party, and with all the players after the final in Perpignan.

Lows: Harry and Mark both taken to hospital on the same night in Albi.

We made some great new friends and hugely enjoyed the experience. From my perspective as team manager - I would be asking for assistance for myself and for the head coach. The two of us were the support staff for the players - who rightly go there just to play rugby league - but the logistics of taking 9 players, 11 wheelchairs and equipment to France to play in multiple venues was a whole ball of pressure and stress - which needed to be spread out among a few more people. That not to say I didn't enjoy it. I did and I'm immensely proud of all our players and head coach Steve Jones for all their efforts and friendship.

All the Wales Wheelchair Rugby League World Cup games are now available to view on YouTube. Just type in Wales WhRL in the YouTube Search bar and that will take you to the videos.

Archived