Super 8's home stand

RobertAM

Well here's one fan(atic) counting on a dramatic WP rebound after dropping 3 points in the UK. I though we might tie OR lose one over there and I figured YCK would be the test but tying Keighley was a surprise. I think it demonstrates just how much the other top teams up their game when playing the Pack which is fantastic for RL. I dunno what promo Keighley put into marketing the game but maybe some locals can weigh in and tell us if the team mirrored the effort that Gav and his crew put in ahead of the York-WP game?  Sure hope the Knights can pull it out of the bag - want to see them at Lamport in 2018. Along with Batley. 

Anyhow here's to a scintillating homestand and I know the boys are gonna win all 4 games starting with Newcastle Thunder this Saturday..I'm gonna be there with about 8 or 9 mates..cannot wait to Run with the Pack!!!

astle Thunder

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I to hope they are not complacent either.  I worry that in the back of their minds they are saying to themselves they only really need to win 2 of 4 to be promoted, and were they to perform like that I would be sorely disappointed and be suggesting a full housecleaning. 

If they have pride, they should take all 4.

I think they will win all 4 with the fans cheering them on and getting them refocused. They definitely got complacent but I don’t expect to see that next season when they play tougher opposition. I can’t imagine it was hard to stay motivated when you’re winning every game. York and Keighley put in wonderful performances and deserved their points. I really hope to see Quinn Nagwati out again this season!!

I think if Rowley gets 2 wins in a row (and he will) with promotion sewn up we will see Quinn in action in the last two..get him seasoned for 2018...

I agree York and Keighley were magnificent and as the two teams closest to my Yorkshire heritage I really appreciated their effort..now if York can knock off Barrow on sunday I will be very pleased...

got 7 joining me at Lamport tmrw..we cannot wait!!!

Was driving by Lamport around 1045-1100 this morning and saw the boys out on the field practicing...and previously on my way to work saw a guy walking his dog in a WP Canada Day red shirt...yelled out.."Go 'pack"..which elicited a thumbs up..so gonna take all this as a good omen..

WP 48-Thunder 12.....

3 hours ago, RobertAM said:

Was driving by Lamport around 1045-1100 this morning and saw the boys out on the field practicing...and previously on my way to work saw a guy walking his dog in a WP Canada Day red shirt...yelled out.."Go 'pack"..which elicited a thumbs up..so gonna take all this as a good omen..

WP 48-Thunder 12.....

That's great.

This game is going up against an Argos game at 4:00pm and the CNE, so it will be interesting to see how that effects attendance.

Game day..finally!  Great news - unless I am very much mistaken appears Rashers is selling full English breakfast on a bun at the games...hope it goes down well with Mojito's..that guy better not run out of rum again..

20 hours ago, RobertAM said:

WP 48-Thunder 12.....

Robert, I'm assuming it was the guy wearing the WP shirt and not his dog!!!!

Hope you are correct about Rashers and breakfast on a bun at the game today.  Just about to leave Stouffville for the drive down to Lamport.

just back from the game..normal service has been restored..Newcastle put up a fight but the outcome was only gonna be one way and next 3 games will be the same..promotion here we come. good amount of fans over from Blighty  met a few in brazen head and downed some pints together and in beer garden afterwards chatted to Thunder players and personnel.. good time had by all as it should be..RL forever!

also patronized the Mojito guy..gave me a dirty look when i asked if he'd brought more rum this time..did my best to lighten his car for the trip home...

DP - after the games it is quite common to see players/staff from both teams in the beergarden and WP players frequent the Brazen Head post game, cannot say for sure visiting players have gone there maybe others can weigh in..

Michael - as for selling out Lamport it could easily happen, we only need another 2000 to reach official capacity of 9600..yesterday was 7500+.   that should really rock..get the beer and rum in!

8 hours ago, RobertAM said:

DP - after the games it is quite common to see players/staff from both teams in the beergarden and WP players frequent the Brazen Head post game, cannot say for sure visiting players have gone there maybe others can weigh in..

Michael - as for selling out Lamport it could easily happen, we only need another 2000 to reach official capacity of 9600..yesterday was 7500+.   that should really rock..get the beer and rum in!

Coventry certainly went back to the Brazen Head. Then the Toronto players took us to Mr Argyles night club.

Unfortunately for me it was 40 years too late! I've never been chatted up by so many cracking young girls. They obviously saw that I was no threat? 

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

find it amusing that whenever I go to record the game on GAMETV it shows up as Wolfpack vs Whitehaven..at least this coming saturday they will get it right..

This one, Barrow and Doncaster should be great games...hope they haven't waited until the last minute to get visas sorted and all teams have full rosters so there won't be any moaning..

On 20 August 2017 at 10:54 PM, Bearman said:

Coventry certainly went back to the Brazen Head. Then the Toronto players took us to Mr Argyles night club.

Unfortunately for me it was 40 years too late! I've never been chatted up by so many cracking young girls. They obviously saw that I was no threat? 

Does Mr Argyle own the night club or is that the name of it?

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Bearman said:

He owns it. I cannot remember what it was called though.

He does own a retaurant called "Katana on Bay" where receptions have been held the evening before game day for visiting teams and their officials.  Don't know if that is the night club referred to or if he owns another facility.

Hope there is a good contingent of Whitehaven/Barrow/Doncaster fans over for these games..the players must appreciate it and it's always great to see visitor kit in the pub and beergarden and hear them in the stands..remember the Hunslet and York mobs were as entertaining as hell..

Archived