A Clash of Cultures: A Canadian Persepective

John WP Fan

15 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

Bacon medallions are the meaty part of the rasher. All meat, no fat. I am Jack Spratt. Before you meet the Rhino you have to get past the Beaumont. Best of luck Kman and a Happy New Year to you too.

This here Beaumont fella seems like a real piece of work from what I've read on various threads....not well liked or loved like the TWP....the Wolfpack will gladly take care of him for the common good of the entire Championship...consider it done!

OK I'll bite...whats a rasher?...is this somehow related to poison ivy?

poison-ivy-leaves-big-592c5b3b5f9b5859504a89c9.jpg

33 minutes ago, deluded pom? said:

A rasher is a slice of bacon Kman, do keep up.

Really, I though a rashy was a special type of top one wore while surfing so your nipples don't get sore...worked for me...its an Aussie thing...avoiding sore nipples and all...do keep up DP...do keep up! (its an international game now!)

58 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

A couple of decent ladders from a local store would sort any ticketing issues, 700 already booked on

That is very impressive and I really mean it...Congrats to all the Leigh fans!Do you think they will reach the magic 1000?

This is a marketing dream for Toronto AND Leigh....imagine if the first game of the season is a really great game (televised of course),and then 1000 singing Leigh fans (you must have a song like Hunslet had, please tell me you do) come over...makes me wonder what the other teams will come over with?  I have no idea.  Lamport WILL BE ROCKIN!

If Leigh are bringing 1000 over this will be a big story over here....good...VERY GOOD LEIGH!

I hope you don't think we are  going to let you win the game at Summer Bash though!

5 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Really, I though a rashy was a special type of top one wore while surfing so your nipples don't get sore...worked for me...its an Aussie thing...avoiding sore nipples and all...do keep up DP...do keep up! (its an international game now!)

Rasher Kman. Rasher.

rldfsignature.jpg

On 27/12/2017 at 2:04 AM, Kayakman said:

Lots of people in Australia now wear rashies just to swim as it keeps the sun off the skin.

25 minutes ago, Copa said:

Lots of people in Australia now wear rashies just to swim as it keeps the sun off the skin.

Watch it Copa DP might think people are walking around with large slabs of non fat streaky bacon on their backs!  They sure would smell nice and crispy though...especially some of those lasses on Mermaid Beach!

Cold one here tonight on the beach...needless to say won't be taking the kayak out for a run.

Flurries or local snow squalls. Local amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 25 overnight.
Thu, 28 Dec Flurries or local snow squalls ending near noon then mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 27 in the morning.
Night Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Low minus 15.

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Cold one here tonight on the beach...needless to say won't be taking the kayak out for a run.

Flurries or local snow squalls. Local amount 10 to 15 cm. Wind northeast 20 km/h becoming light overnight. Low minus 18. Wind chill minus 25 overnight.
Thu, 28 Dec Flurries or local snow squalls ending near noon then mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Local amount 2 to 4 cm. Wind becoming southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 near noon. High minus 11. Wind chill minus 27 in the morning.
Night Mainly cloudy with 60 percent chance of flurries. Wind southeast 20 km/h gusting to 40 becoming light in the evening. Low minus 15.

What a tart.

rldfsignature.jpg

8 hours ago, Kayakman said:

Watch it Copa DP might think people are walking around with large slabs of non fat streaky bacon on their backs!  

I wouldn't put anything past the Aussies. It's a toss up who's weirder, Canucks or Aussies. By the way Kman non fat streaky bacon is an oxymoron. To be streaky it has to have fat. Do keep up Kman. Do some research while you're not kayaking because it's a bit nippy.

rldfsignature.jpg

3 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

I wouldn't put anything past the Aussies. It's a toss up who's weirder, Canucks or Aussies. By the way Kman non fat streaky bacon is an oxymoron. To be streaky it has to have fat. Do keep up Kman. Do some research while you're not kayaking because it's a bit nippy.

Both countries are so large so it all depends where you go...there is a wide range.

Almost as much as the oxymoron of non alcoholic beer!

Not heading out on the water today, or the foreseeable future...going a little cabin crazy...too much snow and cold here.

3 hours ago, Oxford said:

That is an excellent read, thanks for that John Gross!

Please don't tell me your a vegan or something...your not part of that weird anti-sealing movement over there in Europe are ya?  Its the circle of life Oxford,the circle of life.

3 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Please don't tell me your a vegan or something...your not part of that weird anti-sealing movement over there in Europe are ya?  Its the circle of life Oxford,the circle of life.

I'm afraid I don't understand but as this happens almost constantly to me, I wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

8 minutes ago, Oxford said:

I'm afraid I don't understand but as this happens almost constantly to me, I wasn't sure if it was worth mentioning!

Its because you're on the left and people perceive the vegan/antimeat/anti hunting folks as also being on the left,,,just misinformed... same people who are always shocked by the fact that the worlds most famous vegetarian was Adolf Hitler.

17 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Its because you're on the left and people perceive the vegan/antimeat/anti hunting folks as also being on the left,,,just misinformed... same people who are always shocked by the fact that the worlds most famous vegetarian was Adolf Hitler.

Right! I'm a mixture I don't mind hunting for food and have even done this in the true french style but don't agree with foxes being killed for the sport of the rich.

I don't see the point of hunting and not eating something at the end of it, which is why I don't go coarse fishing ..... I like to eat fish.

I'm definitely on the Left. Love meat but I'm not allowed it anymore.

Culling I'm not too sure about because I never sure about the motivation of the cullers!

That was a very (much too) serious answer to your question and so:sarcastichand: cos mostly I tend to laugh at myself and then find time for a few other people.

Now having provided the ammunition for a stereotype I have to say it's great that The Canadians are Here because the Championship might just get more of the coverage it deserves on the forum.

And if the Bulls follow them up that could be true next season as well. WIN WIN !

46 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

But was Hitler famous for being a vegetarian or was he famous for his other actions? Linda McCartney is the world’s most famous vegetarian IMO. 

rldfsignature.jpg

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Right! I'm a mixture I don't mind hunting for food and have even done this in the true french style but don't agree with foxes being killed for the sport of the rich.

I don't see the point of hunting and not eating something at the end of it, which is why I don't go coarse fishing ..... I like to eat fish.

I'm definitely on the Left. Love meat but I'm not allowed it anymore.

Culling I'm not too sure about because I never sure about the motivation of the cullers!

That was a very (much too) serious answer to your question and so:sarcastichand: cos mostly I tend to laugh at myself and then find time for a few other people.

A true hunter kills as humanely as possible and harvests the kill for sustinence...anyone else is just a killer and I am totally against them...if they like to shoot weapons (which is fun) at things they should just go to a shooting range and hit targets (which is also fun).

Culling is very important and has its place if it is backed by sound scientific research...the motivation of the cullers is irrelevant to the argument...as is all emotional outcry on either side.

I feel sorry for you that you can't eat meat/you have my condolences.

1 hour ago, deluded pom? said:

But was Hitler famous for being a vegetarian or was he famous for his other actions? Linda McCartney is the world’s most famous vegetarian IMO. 

I'm a wolf, member or the Wolfpack Nation, lupus, tsa-la-gi to the core...these vegetarians are very dangerous with their weirdo ideas;very dangerous indeed.

Archived