Ticket sales looking very ropey for QFs

Scubby

3 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Come on Max you've got all the figures so please answer my question.

Some of us have jobs. You are the one asserting that a significant chunk of 25% of the Victorian population watching the NRL is actually expats.

The burden of proof is quite clearly on you.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Some of us have jobs. You are the one asserting that a significant chunk of 25% of the Victorian population watching the NRL is actually expats.

The burden of proof is quite clearly on you.

Not at all If your going to use a set of viewing figures to prove Victorians are interested in RL you should provide evidence there actually Victorians watching. 

50 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Not at all If your going to use a set of viewing figures to prove Victorians are interested in RL you should provide evidence there actually Victorians watching. 

Of all the ridiculous attempts you've made to claim that Victorians aren't interested in RL this one is easily the most ridiculous. 

All we know is that 25% of the people in Victoria (1.4m) watched the NRL Grand Final. Your claim that these people are significantly made up of people from outside Victoria is based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.

The viewing figures for the World Cup have apparently been impressive. However, I'm going to assert that virtually no Australians watched the games and it was all expat English and Kiwis. Unless you can provide evidence that this isn't the case then I'm going to use this as proof and say the Australian attitude to the World Cup has been a disgrace.

The success of any non-AFL sport in Melbourne will always be dependent on attracting the sizeable number of transplants and ex-pats in the city. Born and bred Victorians will likely never have any interest in Rugby Union or League, AFL is a religion and part of the culture there. You may as well try and establish Hurling in Hull.

1 hour ago, eal said:

The success of any non-AFL sport in Melbourne will always be dependent on attracting the sizeable number of transplants and ex-pats in the city. Born and bred Victorians will likely never have any interest in Rugby Union or League, AFL is a religion and part of the culture there. You may as well try and establish Hurling in Hull.

25% watched the Grand final.

To put that in perspective that's like getting 15 million plus watching the Super League Grand Final in this country and blaming it on Aussie expats.

11 hours ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Of all the ridiculous attempts you've made to claim that Victorians aren't interested in RL this one is easily the most ridiculous. 

All we know is that 25% of the people in Victoria (1.4m) watched the NRL Grand Final. Your claim that these people are significantly made up of people from outside Victoria is based on absolutely nothing whatsoever.

The viewing figures for the World Cup have apparently been impressive. However, I'm going to assert that virtually no Australians watched the games and it was all expat English and Kiwis. Unless you can provide evidence that this isn't the case then I'm going to use this as proof and say the Australian attitude to the World Cup has been a disgrace.

Well you would say that wouldn't you Max, The real issue is you and a number of others who live abroad want the Storm to be a raging success so badly you've convinced yourselves they are while blissfully ignoring the reality of the situation. 

1 hour ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Well you would say that wouldn't you Max, The real issue is you and a number of others who live abroad want the Storm to be a raging success so badly you've convinced yourselves they are while blissfully ignoring the reality of the situation. 

Unless you can back up your claim, you might as well stop.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

12 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

It is posts like this that are why you are not taken seriously by people (like me) who had been neutral.

I can claim that the viewers in NSW are all from Queensland.  NSW people are not interested.  

That would be stupid.  Do not be stupid.

11 hours ago, eal said:

I was in Christiania last night.  I was part of an audience of hundreds of people who spent an evening watching a talk on yeast genetics.  Previously, they have hosted lectures where thousands have watched lectures on physics.  

That is no more absurd that watching hurling in Hull or rugby league in Toronto.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

2 hours ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Nobody is saying that the Storm is bigger than the AFL. All people are saying that there is room for an NRL club in Melbourne.

Literally all the statistics back this up. They have huge viewing figures for the Grand Final; their attendances are better than most NRL clubs; when polled they come out as the second best supported club with nearly 900,000 fans.

On the flip to this you have the blind assertion that all Melbournians are interested in is AFL so there is no point trying.

So blind assertion verses facts, I don't know which to believe!

Good to see we are back on Melbourne with this :sleep:

Melbourne is like London. In London it is football, daylight, then a gap and the rest. Luckily for the rest there is still an extremely large market to tap into. A number of sports manage to do this very effectively. In fact some can draw huge crowds of their own.

15 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Nobody is saying that the Storm is bigger than the AFL. All people are saying that there is room for an NRL club in Melbourne.

Literally all the statistics back this up. They have huge viewing figures for the Grand Final; their attendances are better than most NRL clubs; when polled they come out as the second best supported club with nearly 900,000 fans.

On the flip to this you have the blind assertion that all Melbournians are interested in is AFL so there is no point trying.

So blind assertion verses facts, I don't know which to believe!

"when polled they come out as the second best supported club with nearly 900,000 fans."

The fact you quoted the above proves my point.  That is probably the most ludicrous thing I've read on hear and I've seen some classics. The storm wouldn't be in the top ten most supported NRL clubs so where you came up with that god only knows (probably the Murdoch press who the storm owe there existence to) .

1 hour ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

Unless you can back up your claim, you might as well stop.

I've backed up my claim for the past month on a couple of different threads about 2000 times but you dreamers just ignore them and cling to some figure that shows the Storm gave away more free tickets than the other NRL clubs in 2017 as showing there a big deal.

So unless you know something interesting on this topic wellsy you might as well stop.

2 hours ago, Bob8 said:

It is posts like this that are why you are not taken seriously by people (like me) who had been neutral.

I can claim that the viewers in NSW are all from Queensland.  NSW people are not interested.  

That would be stupid.  Do not be stupid.

I was in Christiania last night.  I was part of an audience of hundreds of people who spent an evening watching a talk on yeast genetics.  Previously, they have hosted lectures where thousands have watched lectures on physics.  

That is no more absurd that watching hurling in Hull or rugby league in Toronto.

Hi Bob,

Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not in the slightest concerned what you or anyone else thinks of what I've got to say?

I tell the truth as I've seen first hand over many years not from the other side of the world but hear living and breathing the game I comment on, I don't feel the need to lie about things because it's popular to have a certain view on one thing or another .

So Bob what I'm trying to say is despite this massive announcement I think I'll live.

1 minute ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Hi Bob,

Has it ever occurred to you that I'm not in the slightest concerned what you or anyone else thinks of what I've got to say?

I tell the truth as I've seen first hand over many years not from the other side of the world but hear living and breathing the game I comment on, I don't fell the need to lie about things because it's popular to have a certain view on one thing or another .

So Bob what I'm trying to say is despite this massive announcement I think I'll live.

Then WTF are you doing on a message board.

I had noticed that you seem utterly immun to any logic thrown at you.

I will not be wasting my time on this anymore,  Ignore.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

29 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

"when polled they come out as the second best supported club with nearly 900,000 fans."

The fact you quoted the above proves my point.  That is probably the most ludicrous thing I've read on hear and I've seen some classics. The storm wouldn't be in the top ten most supported NRL clubs so where you came up with that god only knows (probably the Murdoch press who the storm owe there existence to) .

When facts get in the way you resort to conspiracy theories.

So now we have blind assertion, personal testimony and conspiracy theory as your 'proof.'

Have you ever considered becoming a scientist?

Just now, Maximus Decimus said:

So now we have blind assertion, personal testimony and conspiracy theory as your 'proof.'

Wake up sheeple!

The AFL are kidnapping NSW people and giving them TV sets in Victoria!  And you are all falling for it!

MAximum DecimusFL is a Clinton shrill!

16 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Then WTF are you doing on a message board.

I had noticed that you seem utterly immun to any logic thrown at you.

I will not be wasting my time on this anymore,  Ignore.

Oh the irony :lol:.

7 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Wake up sheeple!

The AFL are kidnapping NSW people and giving them TV sets in Victoria!  And you are all falling for it!

MAximum DecimusFL is a Clinton shrill!

Yeh because no one moves interstate for work or study and there's no way people travel away for holidays!  , My god some of you must be taking the ######.

13 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Have you ever considered becoming a pollster ? You seem to be wrong 99% of the time so you'd be perfect.

13 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Yeh because no one moves interstate for work or study and there's no way people travel away for holidays!  , My god some of you must be taking the ######.

Of course they do.

As I said almost no Australian's have watched this World Cup at all because of this reason. I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong.

12 minutes ago, Maximus Decimus said:

Of course they do.

As I said almost no Australian's have watched this World Cup at all because of this reason. I'm still waiting for you to prove me wrong.

Yep no problems I'll do that once you show me the percentage of actual Victorians not expats who watched the NRL GF from within the state of Victoria this year.

I'd also like you to tell me why by all reports the NRL had to give away 20,000 tickets to watch this GF when your spinning yarns about them being the 2nd most supported club in the NRL. In my lifetime I cant recall a GF where they had to give away tickets.

12 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Have you ever considered becoming a pollster ? You seem to be wrong 99% of the time so you'd be perfect.

I wondered how long it'd take before the legitimacy of the facts were called into question.

I'll call Alex Jones and see if he'll give you a job.

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Must have been dumped by someone from Melbourne in the past? Shirley?

Dumped on the head by the midwife.

10 minutes ago, RabbitRhinoovOZ said:

Yep no problems I'll do that once you show me the percentage of actual Victorians not expats who watched the NRL GF from within the state of Victoria this year.

I'd also like you to tell me why by all reports the NRL had to give away 20,000 tickets to watch this GF when your spinning yarns about them being the 2nd most supported club in the NRL. In my lifetime I cant recall a GF where they had to give away tickets.

So nobody likes RL in North Queensland either then?

In fact as I've said almost nobody in Australia has even watched this World Cup or watches the NRL. It's all expat English.

Archived