Who else is ready for the big kick off? Exciting times

Scubby

I always look forward to the new season and with Hull KR back in Super League I can't wait. The team have spent a year playing alongside each other so will have a lot of cohesion and all have SL experience and with the addition of McGuire there is now that extra bit of class in the halves. Hopefully the feel good factor and the experience the team have of playing alongside each other will take us off to a good start. I would be happy with 8th tbh and I think we will be around that area of the table for a lot of the year.

I am not. Yet.

The season is extremely long and, as we all know, you don't win much in the first six months. You can, of course, throw your chances of winning anything away during that period, and Leeds and Warrington have learned that the hard way in successive seasons.

I will have built up my excitement by 1st Feb.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

In regards to your NRL and Super League seasons, I think both are way too long. A leaf needs to be taken out of the NFL's book and the season should be reduced to 4-5 months. The market is saturated with club rugby league and interest in waning, especially in the NRL. Less would certainly be more in this case  

33 minutes ago, Jace said:

In regards to your NRL and Super League seasons, I think both are way too long. A leaf needs to be taken out of the NFL's book and the season should be reduced to 4-5 months. The market is saturated with club rugby league and interest in waning, especially in the NRL. Less would certainly be more in this case  

Let the cat out of the bag a little bit there. ;)

On 1/14/2018 at 7:15 PM, John Drake said:

As a Bradford Bulls fan meself, in recent years the waiting has been the best part. The reality has been a bit grim once things have kicked off, but this is a positive thread and I am feeling positive about Bradford again - if that's the effect relegation can have on me, imagine what I'll be like if they ever get promoted!! :dancer:

I've even been going to the pre-season games, and got to see the Bulls chalk up another win this afty against Sheffield Eagles, which was fun. I thought it was a bit cold at Odsal, but for you it would probably have been t-shirt weather.

The Bulls next pre-season game is against...... Toronto Wolfpack!! :good:

I've bought my ticket already and I'm looking forward to seeing the Wolfpack play at Odsal for the first (and hopefully not the only) time.

I'm feeling somewhat the same. This time last year I was about ready to pack in RL for good, but like a sulking teenager I quickly realised I needed a bit of a time out so decided to take a bit of an RL gap year. Only went to see four games live I think which must be the lowest since I started going regularly.  I think Bradford lost all three I went to, and the other was the Grand Final. Better luck when I turn up this year I hope.

Anyway, the “year off” has given me a bit more perspective and hunger for the game. I really have missed it, and having kept up with the papers/mags/websites and watching a few games on TV, it’s not quite the same is it? I’m looking forward to the year ahead, with new teams and new challenges. I’m living in hope, rather than expectation, that this is a turning point and trying to not to be too downhearted if nothing changes for us (I’m still very sceptical about the current management, but old habits die hard and this is supposed to be an upbeat thread. I'll give them a bit of slack - John Kear is a belting appointment). I also hope to get to some more games as a neutral as it’s not something I’ve done enough I don’t think.   

SQL Honours

Play off mini league winner - 2002. Bronze Medalist - 2003. Big Split Group Winner - 2006. Minor Stupidship - 2005, 2006. Cup Silver Medalist - 2008, 2009

CHAMPION - 2005, 2009, 2010

24 minutes ago, Amber Avenger said:

I'm feeling somewhat the same. This time last year I was about ready to pack in RL for good, but like a sulking teenager I quickly realised I needed a bit of a time out so decided to take a bit of an RL gap year. Only went to see four games live I think which must be the lowest since I started going regularly.  I think Bradford lost all three I went to, and the other was the Grand Final. Better luck when I turn up this year I hope.

Anyway, the “year off” has given me a bit more perspective and hunger for the game. I really have missed it, and having kept up with the papers/mags/websites and watching a few games on TV, it’s not quite the same is it? I’m looking forward to the year ahead, with new teams and new challenges. I’m living in hope, rather than expectation, that this is a turning point and trying to not to be too downhearted if nothing changes for us (I’m still very sceptical about the current management, but old habits die hard and this is supposed to be an upbeat thread. I'll give them a bit of slack - John Kear is a belting appointment). I also hope to get to some more games as a neutral as it’s not something I’ve done enough I don’t think.   

Its like a whole new rebirth thing, beginning for Bradford...its has a sort of refreshing feel.

You betcha. January has to be the glumest month of the year, compounded by the lack of sport I can watch. Roll on spring/summer, roll on the warm weather, sunshine, shorts and t shirt, Ice creams, ice cold beers in the beer garden before the game, cant wait for newcastle and cc final. Roll on super league

Archived