Could this catch on....

I like the three halves, they are reinventing maths as well as Rugby League. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

6 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Surely an unfair advantage to Hull here given they have so much recent experience playing with fewer than 13 on the field?

To be fair for most of the season it's looked like they've been playing with less than 10 too.

So they are trying to produce something which develops key skills in youngsters. It also sounds less physical so potentially fewer contact injuries including concussions. As a training experiment then why not, who knows what insight may or may not come out of it.

Not sure of the thinking behind this at all. The scholorship teams only play around ten games a year so I can understand wanting to involve all the players. Could do that by having 3 "halves" or even 4 and split the squad. 

A lot of the measures seem designed to reduce the force of impacts. 7 metre offside line, two defenders in a tackle, no big returns from kick offs. It seems to be serving a dual purpose as a testing ground for things that could get adopted in the game proper in light of current developments. 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

This got me thinking about how immediately post split there was a lot of debate about numbers, with 11 or 12 being mooted. Anyway googled a bit and found this post by sodding Nostradamus. 

https://www.totalrl.com/forums/index.php?/topic/340696-11-a-side-rugby-league/&do=findComment&comment=4074009

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.