Come On Fev

Shipbuilder

I know we shouldn't be shouting for other championship teams but had a look at the table yesterday after the win against Sheffield.

Four clubs have pulled away on 12 or 11 points from the rest of the pack, three names will please the RFL, London, Toulouse and Toronto - the favoured three but above Toronto on 12 points with only one defeat are Featherstone Rovers - a proper rugby team ( you know - the sort that the RFL is trying to make extinct ).

I hope Feathersone go the season unbeaten ( except for their visit to Craven Park ) and get promoted at the expense of one of the Sky favourites.

I'm all for expansion and would love to see the game expand but at the same time we should have a care for our traditional clubs, a resurgent Bramley would cheer me up more than New York winning league 1

Shipbuilider01.png

Thanks shipbuilder we will give it a go, look forward to coming up to Barrow. You are right about rfl not wanting the likes of Fev Barrow , fax or loads of other clubs with history in the game, I can still remember the likes of Hyton Bramley Blackpool Borough and others. I too am in favour of expansion but not if it means teams rich in rugby history are forgotten. All the best for rest of the season. 

Cheers guys, can anybody disagree with what Shipbuilder and fervent traditionalist have said? fervent traditionalist you'll be welcome at Crazy Park, as long as you don't win.

I think our last meeting at Wembley and I was there, might have helped, lol. But like all of us, you are a heartland club and I really am starting to worry, like our coach, in the direction the RL wants to take our game.

Rugby League is more than super duper league its about communities our area was decimated by the closing of pits and I am sure Cumbria has been hit the same. I get more pleasure watching  free sport showing the amature games than watching super league, this is where the game comes from and to the rfl all outside sl will be non forgotten.

Sorry, I cannot join in the love in with Fev.

Great supporters and a good traditional ground...

They used to shout down the pit shaft when they wanted players. Now the get on the blower to see if Leeds would be good enough to loan them some players in order that they can beat teams like Barrow who are trying to operate with integrity. 

What they are doing is perfectly legal but it stinks.. Old fashioned? Yes I am.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Ron, you are totally right and I agree as one of my recent posts on Sunday about the Sheffield match shows. It's not fervent traditionalist's fault the RL are destroying the game. It's not his fault his club are going along with the farce. He actually gets it and we need more true supporters like him and us to fight the RL agenda. 

I agree with him, we will be non forgotten. At the moment, and I hope i'm wrong, but we could truly be in a fight for survival here. It's starting to get serious, re, Cresta's comments in the Mail. And for Coventry Ron, you must be seriously worried.

Yes, it stinks. Old fashioned, yes I am. Will the RL listen?

Sorry, don't know how but I typed fervent traditionalist in but it come out as fervent traditionalist. Sorry fervent traditionalist. Need to edit. Sorry all.

What's happening? Does FC work?

1 hour ago, TMF said:

Ron, you are totally right and I agree as one of my recent posts on Sunday about the Sheffield match shows. It's not fervent traditionalist's fault the RL are destroying the game. It's not his fault his club are going along with the farce. He actually gets it and we need more true supporters like him and us to fight the RL agenda. 

I agree with him, we will be non forgotten. At the moment, and I hope i'm wrong, but we could truly be in a fight for survival here. It's starting to get serious, re, Cresta's comments in the Mail. And for Coventry Ron, you must be seriously worried.

Yes, it stinks. Old fashioned, yes I am. Will the RL listen?

If they take away the central funding most of the non funded clubs will be untenable as semi pro's.

Some MIGHT do a Bramley but  I doubt it.

It would have a tremendous impact on the amatuers too. The young school kids playing for the Barrow Islands, Walney Cents etc etc dream of playing for their home town club and see them as a stepping stone to stardom. That hope dies and so does the player production line.

The DR system taking away reserves is a step down that slippery slpe too.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Ron, 100% correct in everything you say. I can speak personally about the impact of the young kids having nowhere to go if the RL cut us adrift and allow us to wither and die. You are so, so right. There would be no hope. I can't believe the RL and SL don't realise this.

Flash

Just heard Furness Raiders have just defeated Halifax in the semi-final of the National Cup 32-20. Fantastic, well done boys. Doesn't this just prove the point about the future? I feel very proud but disappointed I couldn't have watched it. Sort those bloody floodlights out Barrow. There would have been a good crowd there tonight. Again, well done guys. 

• 2 weeks later...

Obviously not!!

what I do know is that on that May Day long long ago we had a wonderful day out at Wembley and yes fev came out on top that day but the day lives on in the memory as it was the last time that two true minnows of the game contested a major final.

could it ever happen again? 

Sadly no, I don't think so.

On 29/03/2018 at 10:48 AM, Michael Ashton said:

I still remember the interception try that won the game for Fev in 1967. Can you imagine Barrow or Fev or indeed Workington getting through to the CC Final ever again. I can't.

Sadly no but even certain SL teams will never make to Wembley either, what dose that say about the state of RL. 

Archived