Batley v Toronto

Batley Bob

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Referees robbing you again eh?

I reckon that you would be top of the league without them.

save us a seat sunday fella, and i reckon we wont even hear bleeting at ref from you guys..:angel:cant wait.

Didnt go to the game but currently watching it on freesports, the referee has got very little wrong all game. The crowd were chanting cheat at the penalty before the Bussey try but it was a clear penalty from a Farrell shoulder charge.

Toronto the better team on the day but silly penalties didnt help our cause.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

39 minutes ago, buford t justice said:

Didnt go to the game but currently watching it on freesports, the referee has got very little wrong all game. The crowd were chanting cheat at the penalty before the Bussey try but it was a clear penalty from a Farrell shoulder charge.

Toronto the better team on the day but silly penalties didnt help our cause.

Perhaps  the supporters who were at the match saw a off the ball incident which obviously the officials and camera did not see or convieniently ignored.

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

36 minutes ago, ernieone said:

Perhaps  the supporters who were at the match saw a off the ball incident which obviously the officials and camera did not see or convieniently ignored.

Maybe so, on tv he looked to have a good game though.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

"Our cause"

Can batley afford anymore armchair supporters

Crowds have been painfully low this year

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

12 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Referees robbing you again eh?

I reckon that you would be top of the league without them.

I'm not saying we would definitely have won the games, had the ref had less of a slant towards Toronto and Featherstone. What I am saying though, is neither of them probably needed his help to win the games, but the ref made sure we had no chance of winning either of them. 

I felt Toronto showed far more urgency in playing the ball than we did, and in fairness they had more class in the backs. Then again they really ought to do, given the cost of the players. 

In tight games, poor decisions can and do make a difference to results. Certainly two of Toronto's tries came from field position handed to them from rank bad decisions. Who knows, they might have scored long range tries during the sets we were incorrectly penalised in. I guess we will never know, but it would be nice to find out how the game would have panned out, had he not made those poor decisions which they later scored off.

At least then, I could have come away from the game knowing the result had been decided by the players and we had lost to a better side, rather than feeling that we lost the game by 8 points and they scored 10 points as a result of refereeing mistakes.

Archived