FREE tickets to watch Toronto Wolfpack

4 hours ago, Dave T said:

I don't agree with everything kiyan posts (or anybody else here to be fair) but I think he is getting a bit of a raw deal on this thread.

I'd rather have a discussion with kiyan than one or two others on this thread.

The day everyone agrees with all I say I will stop! 

I just say it as I isee it and try very hard not to be 2 faced about it.

If it is any consultation my approach winds just as many up on RU forums.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, kiyan said:

i joined the RN in 1991 so whatever you got up to in Temple Bar, Dublin , Republic of Ireland  13 years later is relevant how?

My comment on the topic was based on experiences as a senior TU rep arguing equality cases for years. Your comments on the actual topic are based on?

Oh yeh, you have had a few pints in the hipster part of Dublin and you are are now a fully fledged "know it all". Remind me of the largest crowd for a RL game in Ireland? RU is 84.5k, GAA is 90.1k, soccer is 66.6k and RL?

They are being Irish and Irish people are friendly and want to make you feel welcome. You could have been talking about camel polo and they would have let on they loved it.

Clueless. So this 'RU world' you talk about..............where might one find such a mythical place?

12 minutes ago, DoubleD said:

Clueless. So this 'RU world' you talk about..............where might one find such a mythical place?

Pointless even trying to explain.

h

arguing-withidiotsis-like-playing-chess-with-a-pigeon-no-matter-20851210.png

5 hours ago, kiyan said:

Pointless even trying to explain.

h

arguing-withidiotsis-like-playing-chess-with-a-pigeon-no-matter-20851210.png

I might have to use this with some of my arguments with Donald Trump supporters. It seems to apply very nicely there as well.

On 18/04/2018 at 12:35 AM, kiyan said:

While the OP is making something out of nothing, he is legally correct. Under UK discrimination laws offering a service with preferential terms based on where they are from is illegal.

It can be worded differently, but as the wording stands the Equalities Comission would have to act if a complaint was made.

A good rule of thumb is to reverse it and see how it reads eg " British passport holders will get in free, everyone else pays"

Thank you from a fellow Trade Unionist - The point of the post was to highlight the perils of offering free tickets to one group only. If you are going to offer free tickets then Swinton's initiative is the best way to go about it without falling foul of the law.

As it is, a lot of those who spend far too long on this board and do not actually go to live rugby league have posted their tuppence ha'penny worth - making in some cases a few highly dubious claims.

This game  has three different pricing tiers (or not in one case) with now £ 5 tickets on offer to Skolars Season Ticket Holders.and also to all members of London Amateur League Clubs. With Kids for free (Wolfpack e-mail yesterday).

As a former season ticket holder of a club that did have a free ticket experiment that failed dismally, all I can say is that all these free offers devalue the event making it quite clear this is a sport and an event that struggles to sell tickets.

Anything less than the 1,000 capacity at New River will show you have a game you cannot give tickets away for but a capacity attendance will have been padded out by discounted tickets in a small capacity ground.

Either way the game which is a decent match up between Toronto and Halifax has not proved a big enough attraction for the London sporting public or even the London Rugby League community to want to pay full price to see.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

1 hour ago, PatrickB said:

I might have to use this with some of my arguments with Donald Trump supporters. It seems to apply very nicely there as well.

The actual quote is:

"Debating creationists on the topic of evolution is rather like trying to play chess with a pigeon; it knocks the pieces over, craps on the board, and flies back to its flock to claim victory." -- Scott D. Weitzenhoffer 

Edit and adjust as necessary! It is one one my favourite ever metaphors.

On 16/04/2018 at 6:56 PM, THE RED ROOSTER said:

If your a Pacific Islander that is - E-mail just dropped into my Inbox

The law on Race discrimation states :

Race discrimination is when you are treated unfairly because of your race, or because of the race of someone you are connected with, such as your partner.

‘Race’ includes colour, nationality, citizenship and ethnic or national origins.

If race discrimination takes place in any of the following situations it is illegal and you may be able to take action about it:

employment and training

education

when providing goods and services, for example, banking, entertainment and transport

Someone needs to withdraw this.asap

21 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

:offtopic:

You mean back OT to show it is illegal in both the UK and Canada?

Or would  you rather have pigeons?

Archived