Blackpool...last regular season away game.

Krzzystuff

1 hour ago, steve75 said:

Reynolds immediately went to the officials - people behind the posts from all supporters were saying it was a goal! Did Sky not show it because it would bring more controversy to Toronto and the referee who had made "mistakes" in their favour in the last game?

Sky have never been slow at showing replays that make the officials look bad. I doubt it (lack of replay) was a deliberate policy.

rldfsignature.jpg

I think I'm more made up that gubrats met John twp! Would love to have been a fly on the wall as I find John and rob.am the voices of reason on torontos forum,no offence to anybody else.The Manchester pub has been partly responsible for many an early night for me on a night out in Blackpool,it must be something they put in their lager!!!

6 hours ago, John WP Fan said:

From midfield it was hard to tell. I can’t believe any official would deliberately call it wide if it was good, but there have been some bad calls at times. I’m very surprised they would not replay it on TV..

I just watched it again from my home PVR, and it was still hard to tell for sure. It kind of looked good, but the camera angle was not ideal. Disappointing that Sky didn’t have multiple angles to look at.

Surprising there were no replays of this. It looked like good kick.

Enjoyable game, TWP need to work on their D, it was sloppy at times. Credit to Leigh though they played very well.

Definitely a grandstand finish and from the TV, it was impossible to say whether it went over or not. The Sky camera that focused on the kicker might have been better used following the flight of the ball. All the other ground level cameras were probably making their way over to where the players come off for the end of game reactions. The only thing that I noticed on the kick when I slowed it down was the reaction of one of the TWP players who was following the flight of the ball from in front of the posts and seemed to start celebrating before the touch judges waved it off.

Just seen the incident where Leigh were awarded the penalty to give them a chance to draw the game. No way was that a penalty to Leigh. It should have been a penalty to the TWP. The Leigh tackler has a second tug on Ackers’ leg as Ackers attempts to regain his feet to play the ball. Then the second tackler is all over Ackers. Where the ref found that one from I’ll never know.

rldfsignature.jpg

6 hours ago, deluded pom? said:

Just seen the incident where Leigh were awarded the penalty to give them a chance to draw the game. No way was that a penalty to Leigh. It should have been a penalty to the TWP. The Leigh tackler has a second tug on Ackers’ leg as Ackers attempts to regain his feet to play the ball. Then the second tackler is all over Ackers. Where the ref found that one from I’ll never know.

agree DP   what was the ref thinking...

Archived