Blackpool...last regular season away game.

Krzzystuff

Well we've guaranteed that are coming home in pole position with our second of three vs. Leigh as the last game in the UK for the reg season. Both teams are in much better form from our season opener, Leigh are in better position than us I believe just because of the cards we've been getting recently. Liam Kay had a quick interview with proper sport after the game and mentioned that they all want to show that the team is professional and that the cards need to go away if they want to be a SL team so i'm sure a big talk was had after the Warrington game but need to go a few steps further still.

Overall i think we will win by at least 6 and hopefully by 30!!! We will complete the clean sweep on the 30th at the den with me in attendance.

From the boys that went down to Newcastle how did you rate our play in the game, do you share my enthusiasm in our upcoming victory by what you saw?

I'm expecting the Leigh side to play like the one that started the 1st game of the season, not like the one that fell apart later on. This should be a tough test for TWP and a chance to prove whether they have what it takes. Looking forward to it.

Big game. One Leigh MUST win. Toronto don't have to. For that reason, and the fact this virtually a home game for them, I favour the lobbies by a score or so.

4 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Big game. One Leigh MUST win. Toronto don't have to. For that reason, and the fact this virtually a home game for them, I favour the lobbies by a score or so.

Pretty much a Home game for Toronto in all honesty!

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

10 minutes ago, Bartholemew Smythe said:

Pretty much a Home game for Toronto in all honesty!

How is that, won't it be full of Leigh fans? Bartholemew Smythe, great name BTW.

19 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

Well we've guaranteed that are coming home in pole position with our second of three vs. Leigh as the last game in the UK for the reg season. Both teams are in much better form from our season opener, Leigh are in better position than us I believe just because of the cards we've been getting recently. Liam Kay had a quick interview with proper sport after the game and mentioned that they all want to show that the team is professional and that the cards need to go away if they want to be a SL team so i'm sure a big talk was had after the Warrington game but need to go a few steps further still.

Overall i think we will win by at least 6 and hopefully by 30!!! We will complete the clean sweep on the 30th at the den with me in attendance.

From the boys that went down to Newcastle how did you rate our play in the game, do you share my enthusiasm in our upcoming victory by what you saw?

they played well Toulouse had no answer for our speed. closer but a WP WIN

13 hours ago, ojx said:

How is that, won't it be full of Leigh fans? Bartholemew Smythe, great name BTW.

Leigh will have the biggest following at the summer bash but I imagine the majority of non Leigh fans would like to see them lose. That combined with the fact that there's not really much travelling involved for either side probably makes it quite a neutral venue.

On 5/22/2018 at 8:33 PM, dixiedean said:

No, not MUST at all...BUT 'could do with'. We'd rather get to the Challenge Cup final at Wembley, rather than be in a league, where you have no chance of being in the Top 4...and you just 'make up the numbers'. If you lot ever get there, you won't like it ! ? Believe you me. 

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

No, not MUST at all...BUT 'could do with'. We'd rather get to the Challenge Cup final at Wembley, rather than be in a league, where you have no chance of being in the Top 4...and you just 'make up the numbers'. If you lot ever get there, you won't like it ! ? Believe you me. 

What never? Spirit of '82 and all that. Channel your inner Woods and Drummond mate! :)

I've tipped the WP in the tipping comp so I expect them to deliver. Leigh have more to play for and are in fine form, but I'm picking the WP have a slightly better squad. Could go either way. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

8 minutes ago, Michael1812 said:

No viewing at the 3 Brewers this weekend. Two great matched the past two weeks but almost no visibility. They better get things worked out if they make it to super league. 

darn it..hoping 3B would somehow get Sky..the Warrington debacle was televised, I watched it head in hands...and I'm sure glad i went to Magic...you're right though they all need to be televised

1 minute ago, RobertAM said:

darn it..hoping 3B would somehow get Sky..the Warrington debacle was televised, I watched it head in hands...and I'm sure glad i went to Magic...you're right though they all need to be televised

It is on Sportsnet world but very few people get that channel. Hoping to find a dodgy stream. 

1 hour ago, RobertAM said:

let us know if u do..ta

I bit the bullet and got the full SN Now service. It has all the games at the Bash.

I'll cancel it after this month and sign up again for the 8s in September.

looking at the pics on the twitterfeed and kicking myself for not staying on the extra few days to take in summer bash..won't make that mistake again especially as we can't get it on tv!!

2 minutes ago, steve75 said:

Leigh were robbed - that penalty most certainly appeared to be over!

Must admit I thought that too, on first look on TV. Never showed a definitive angle, Reynolds was convinced.

2 weeks in a row a row about whether a kick went over.

Is it that difficult?

2 hours ago, dixiedean said:

Must admit I thought that too, on first look on TV. Never showed a definitive angle, Reynolds was convinced.

2 weeks in a row a row about whether a kick went over.

Is it that difficult?

Actually yes, it is. It can be deceiving and TV isn't a good indicator either. 

My blog: https://rugbyl.blogspot.co.nz/

It takes wisdom to know when a discussion has run its course.

It takes reasonableness to end that discussion. 

Reynolds immediately went to the officials - people behind the posts from all supporters were saying it was a goal! Did Sky not show it because it would bring more controversy to Toronto and the referee who had made "mistakes" in their favour in the last game?

From midfield it was hard to tell. I can’t believe any official would deliberately call it wide if it was good, but there have been some bad calls at times. I’m very surprised they would not replay it on TV..

I just watched it again from my home PVR, and it was still hard to tell for sure. It kind of looked good, but the camera angle was not ideal. Disappointing that Sky didn’t have multiple angles to look at.

Archived