NY

krakauer

They need to do their due diligence on it but if you look at Perez he has two bids going on all quietly in the background and letting everything it's course. The NY group was out there getting as much publicity as they could to almost force their way in even though they might not have everything in place...that's my personal view on it. NY has a nice ring to it but it has to be done right. also with the whole power struggle going on right now isn't likely helping things either. Esports are getting huge and I expect that neutral investors will be going that route vs the unknown RL with the hi-jinks at the top unless they are already fans of the game.

2 hours ago, Krzzystuff said:

They need to do their due diligence on it but if you look at Perez he has two bids going on all quietly in the background and letting everything it's course. The NY group was out there getting as much publicity as they could to almost force their way in even though they might not have everything in place...that's my personal view on it. NY has a nice ring to it but it has to be done right. also with the whole power struggle going on right now isn't likely helping things either. Esports are getting huge and I expect that neutral investors will be going that route vs the unknown RL with the hi-jinks at the top unless they are already fans of the game.

Note also that caps and T shirts with the NYC RL logo on them were for sale at Magic Weekend, which seemed like a sign that 5he team is for real.

They probably aren't allowed to talk about it for legal reasons.  

My feeling is a team in New York, along with a few other teams is eventually a must.  

The RFL also need to reinforce Toronto.  They should be looking to make Toronto a stronghold of Rugby League.  Toronto is a very rich city and the Wolfpack have the potential to become a flagship franchise in Super League.  

Rugby League needs to start thinking outside the box commercially to match their on field innovation.

Archived