Incentive to win?

myview

After the disappointing loss to an average Batley team, I can now see the possibility of us finishing in 6th position in the Shield play offs behind both Sheffield and Barrow. It may now be necessary to offer the match day squads an incentive to finish either 3rd or 4th according to their inclusion in the squad over the time of the play offs.

If it is correct that there is a £25000 difference between positions 3,4 and 5,6 then this could be the source of some incentive. Obviously for finishing in 5,6 position there would be nothing offered as this is already quite likely. If however we were to finish in either 3rd or 4th position, then say £12500 could be taken by the club and £12500 for allocation to the players.

For the club, £12500 is less than the £25000 difference which cannot be guaranteed, but is better than nothing which is likely. 

All of this is irrelevant of course if an incentive is already in place.

23 minutes ago, myview said:

After the disappointing loss to an average Batley team, I can now see the possibility of us finishing in 6th position in the Shield play offs behind both Sheffield and Barrow. It may now be necessary to offer the match day squads an incentive to finish either 3rd or 4th according to their inclusion in the squad over the time of the play offs.

If it is correct that there is a £25000 difference between positions 3,4 and 5,6 then this could be the source of some incentive. Obviously for finishing in 5,6 position there would be nothing offered as this is already quite likely. If however we were to finish in either 3rd or 4th position, then say £12500 could be taken by the club and £12500 for allocation to the players.

For the club, £12500 is less than the £25000 difference which cannot be guaranteed, but is better than nothing which is likely. 

sorry fella, but if you think that batley  team were average i cant wait for them to be decent.

that last 30 were some great rugby and best i have seen from the boys all year. all the best.

7 hours ago, silverback said:

sorry fella, but if you think that batley  team were average i cant wait for them to be decent.

that last 30 were some great rugby and best i have seen from the boys all year. all the best.

Without getting into a big debate about who’s better than who,Batley where the better of 2 poor side,let’s face it you didn’t have to be anything special to beat us,especially 2nd half.

10 hours ago, myview said:

This isn't prize money to be paid this season but the level of distribution for next season. In other words the payments that are generated determine the budgets that we can afford next year. Offering incentives based upon money that might come in in the future is a slippery slope that some clubs have gone down in the past.

On a final point do you believe that the players only perform according to the amount of money on offer?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Without getting into a big debate about who’s better than who,Batley where the better of 2 poor side,let’s face it you didn’t have to be anything special to beat us,especially 2nd half.

we have been poor at times all year graham to be fair like, sometimes we try play too fancy and it all falls apart, but i thought we showed what could be in last 30 and things are starting to come together towards end a season too i know. you too have some quality players mixed in and some good big strong lads,defence on the line first half were sound,  you just seemed to  throw towel in for me when game could a still been yours, i think both sets a players and fans are wondering whats in store for 2019.am sure we will have a few more close call games next year, all been well.:popcorn:

On 8/27/2018 at 7:01 PM, coolie said:

Putting the red, amber & black shirt on

Should be incentive enough :)

I can't think of many heroes of the past who would have been happy to play for nowt

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived