Players For 2019

andyram

31 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

True, most will have been born in Dewsbury District Hospital. 

Nah not me. Found under a mushroom on Leeds Road

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Nah not me. Found under a mushroom on Leeds Road

At least that's what his mum told him, bless!

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

4 hours ago, EQUALIZER said:
  1. The coach has probably given more local lads a chance then any other. That's why we lost the pre season knockabout he wanted everyone to have a shot .Re Anakin he wants to play for us and so far given 110 % I would stop d/r unless its for a complete season no call backs. Until then if you cant beat em join em . Who would be happy playing no duel reg and getting relegated.

FWIW, I'd scrap the farcical DR arrangement.  SL clubs should put out a list of players to ALL championship/C1 clubs,  that they would like to have game time on loan. Loans would be on a rolling monthly agreement, and SL clubs recalling players early would have to provide compensation. I imagine the likes of Leeds would not be too happy about having to consider sending their pampered stars to do a stint of hard graft with the lesser lights, rather than have them stroll through games with the more well heeled Championship clubs, but it just might do those players good, and might just even up the discrepancy between the haves and the have nots.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

22 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

FWIW, I'd scrap the farcical DR arrangement.  SL clubs should put out a list of players to ALL championship/C1 clubs,  that they would like to have game time on loan. Loans would be on a rolling monthly agreement, and SL clubs recalling players early would have to provide compensation. I imagine the likes of Leeds would not be too happy about having to consider sending their pampered stars to do a stint of hard graft with the lesser lights, rather than have them stroll through games with the more well heeled Championship clubs, but it just might do those players good, and might just even up the discrepancy between the haves and the have nots.

Somehow or other, call me a fantasist if you will, but I suspect that the opinions of Championship fans, and even their clubs, count for little alongside those of the SL chairmen.

No doubt I am entirely wrong on this one, again.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived