Championship and League 1 & bookies

Skybet give odds on all three domestic divisions. Championship and League 1 markets are only a ailable on the day of the game.

Keep a look out because sometimes there’s incredible value to be had - today for example they had Batley and Barrow as a coin toss meaning you could get Batley at even money without giving Barrow a head start.

On 9/2/2018 at 7:35 PM, The Blues Ox said:

Not to mention the Fax game. I posted on RLFans at the back end of the week that Salford -16 was printing money.

Because it's small money they seem to get the odds off on these.... RL their maximum payouts will be limited to say 25k compared to soccer. Salford at 16pts and evens is incredible. Well worth a little  bet.    

On 9/2/2018 at 5:02 PM, Ooh Ah Timmy Street said:

Not that I'm all that good at it , but couldn't find any bookies offering handicap match bets on any champ or league 1 fixtures . Has this been done away with , or is there somebody out there who does . Used to make listening to the games on radio on Sunday afternoons miles more interesting ...

Bet 365 do championship games. Don't usually put odds on though until mid Sunday morning

CvI remember a game a few years ago.

A top champ team were playing a lower order team.

The spread bet offered decent odds of a win for the highest placed team by 40-45 points.

After 60 mins the score was something like 48-6.... the top team running tries in for fun..... there were no further scores despite one team absolutely dominating the game !!

Rumours persisted many players from both teams supplemented their pay that day

Sky Bet also do odds for conference games, we got a bit of info when Shaw Cross travelled to Skirlaugh they were going with 11 players. Money started going on the handicap left right and centre at 10/11, I managed to get Skirlaugh -18 nice little earner.

Worst thing about being involved with a conference side this betting on games, your heart can easily rule your head haha

3 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm amazed that betting on conference games is still allowed given how easy it is to get such information that will affect the result of the game.

Me too. They probably won't let you put more than a little bet on.... And of course make it hard to withdraw money. They will hope you loose it back on soccer or the horses. 

4 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I'm amazed that betting on conference games is still allowed given how easy it is to get such information that will affect the result of the game.

To be fair it was a one off, you can only bet on division 1 and upwards. I think thats because of the threat of teams turning up with less players they may see less chance of it happening in division 1

Archived