NRL 2018 - Finals Week 2 Match Thread

Graham

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can only assume, everyone was far to absorbed to comment on this game live.

Moylan, his first half was the winning margin.

But Holmes’ short KO after scores were levelled with over 10 minutes left was a display of large balls the sporting world has relarelt seen.

11 minutes ago, Graham said:

Close result as looked likely looking when comparing the teams put out on the pitch.

How tough on Panthers to be put out by 1 point.

I’m glad it wasn’t us... but in saying that G man, sounds like you didn’t want thebSharks to get through...

Happy with the win... Won't get past Melbourne unfortunately...

I thought the Sharks were going to lose this one when Penrith started the comeback. I even fast forwarded the last 10 minutes (yeah! I'm this weak.). Don't know if I'll be able to watch the Prelim before knowing the result.

Looking forward to tomorrow's game. That one I should be able to enjoy.

Up, up Cronulla; The boys in the black, white and blue; Up, up Cronulla; Name of the Sharks fits you; Sharks, Sharks forever; Go out and play without fear; Now's the time to see good football*; For the Sharks are here!

* Subject to change

Currently playing: Gorbachev: The Fall of Communism & Swing States 2012

Another nail biting cracker . How good are these play offs ? Luckily for cronulla Holmes brain fade didn’t cost them - never get why fullbacks keep doing that ?! I thought Penrith were gonna do a Penrith but not quite . Moylan got the better of the Maloney argument , he was really average in the main . I wish the sharks well in knocking off melbourne and we get a good old derby in the grand final ... as the other side of it is a foregone conclusion , surely?

Once a Shark always a Shark a big thank you to Jimmy for his needless cannonball tackle on Matt Prior as the resulting penalty was the two points that made the difference. How important  was Moylan's try saving tackle on Yeo in the opening minutes.Have to admit Moylan has been a slow burner on me but Sky gave us an hours build up this morning and Gasnier who I have a lot of time for was singing his praises.

I could finish by having a go at good old boy Gus... but not today.

Onwards to Melbourne beaten them twice this year and as the saying goes it comes in threes.

Up up Cronulla 

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Women’s RL

Dragons have beaten Warriors 22-10 at ANZ

Dragons scored two tries in the first half to Shakiah Tungai and Honey Hireme to set up a commanding lead.

Rikeya Horne extended the Dragons lead with a try in the 38th minute.

The Warriors scored their first try to replacement Raquel Anderson-Pitman to narrow the gap

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

Women’s RL

Dragons have beaten Warriors 22-10 at ANZ

Dragons scored two tries in the first half to Shakiah Tungai and Honey Hireme to set up a commanding lead.

Rikeya Horne extended the Dragons lead with a try in the 38th minute.

The Warriors scored their first try to replacement Raquel Anderson-Pitman to narrow the gap

for more details, see  

Late Mail: Dragons prop James Graham was taken from the field with concussion early in last week’s elimination final against the Broncos, but is expected to play this weekend, although he still needs to pass a concussion test. Lock Jack de Belin has been cleared to play, despite a lingering ankle injury. Centre Euan Aitken has been ruled out with Zac Lomax to hold his place in the centres. For the Rabbitohs, captain Greg Inglis is expected to play despite copping a bruised rib cartilage against Melbourne last week, while halfback Adam Reynolds has been cleared to play, despite his shoulder injury.

Archived