Lifeline

excolt

5 hours ago, mickhornet said:

Youre going to pack it in then are you?

Going to have a think about it over the closed season. It's difficult when it's a club you've followed since you were a kid. But yes I disagree strongly with the fact they took the decision they did.

8 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

See you next season.

Maybe but I've got to admit,it does take some of the lustre away from supporting your hometown club when you disagree with it on such an important issue, wouldn't you agree?. Did you agree with Rochdales decision?. I've never disagreed with the club so strongly. At the moment I'm very disappointed by the whole thing. I'm really of the opinion that this vote has given superleague the power it needs to do whatever they want,I fear for the semi pro game.

13 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

Maybe but I've got to admit,it does take some of the lustre away from supporting your hometown club when you disagree with it on such an important issue, wouldn't you agree?. Did you agree with Rochdales decision?. I've never disagreed with the club so strongly. At the moment I'm very disappointed by the whole thing.

To be honest I don't know enough about the issues to form a concrete opinion on the way the Club should have voted. I wasn't at the meetings and I wasn't privy to the debate or what ever inducements or threats were made. 

I'm not a big fan of Super League and I'm not taken in by their machinations but at the end of the day I've got to trust that the people who represented the club voted with the best interests of the Club in mind.

6 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

To be honest I don't know enough about the issues to form a concrete opinion on the way the Club should have voted. I wasn't at the meetings and I wasn't privy to the debate or what ever inducements or threats were made. 

I'm not a big fan of Super League and I'm not taken in by their machinations but at the end of the day I've got to trust that the people who represented the club voted with the best interests of the Club in mind.

I think the superleague club's are a bunch of elitist snobs,they should be in union but they're even worse than that. I wouldn't trust leneghan the Wigan chairman as far as I could throw him.There was only Gary Hetherington of Leeds rhinos of all people, fancy that,me siding with a Yorkie. I think he was concerned about the game as a whole whereas the rest of them seemed to have a different agenda.The two Hull chairmen didn't come across as very nice people either,a little threatening I thought.

On ‎9‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:55 PM, moorside roughyed said:

Going to have a think about it over the closed season. It's difficult when it's a club you've followed since you were a kid. But yes I disagree strongly with the fact they took the decision they did.

What a difference a day makes, one  minute you're taking the moral high ground the next that ground crumbles away. You call us for voting a certain way saying how you wonder how the members would feel and now look at your club. Maybe you should look at the facts and not talk until you know all of them or you may look rather stupid.

2 hours ago, The Lad said:

What a difference a day makes, one  minute you're taking the moral high ground the next that ground crumbles away. You call us for voting a certain way saying how you wonder how the members would feel and now look at your club. Maybe you should look at the facts and not talk until you know all of them or you may look rather stupid.

I wasn't taking any ground,I'm just as disgusted with my club for what they've done. I,like the Bradford chairman believe these decisions have been for short term gain and not long term security. I dread to think what will happen when the sky contract is up for renewal, we'll get nothing. Hornets will disappear as will Oldham and a host of others,well that's view anyway. Oh and by the way I've never looked stupid in my opinion and that's the only one that counts.?

On 16 September 2018 at 1:29 PM, fairfolly said:

Let us all hope that Rochdale (if they finish) bottom get there just deserts and get relegated and stay in League1 for the foreseeable future.And here is me thinking that in a members club the members get a say in any major decisions to be made.Just glad I am not in that club.

Oh dear, looks like you'll have to wait a bit longer now.

Archived