Members Meeting

The Baron Mk11

For those of you who don't know, there is a members meeting in the main lounge at Spotland on Thursday 18th of October at 6.30pm.

The Agenda is

Open forum Q & A

Membership Scheme.

If you want to know the answer, come and ask the question.

Kind Regards.

QUIS CUSTODIAT IPSOS CUSTODES

I’d have liked to have attended this I’m looking forward to this season and a fresh start but I’m working. 

I’d like to have asked what kind of squad we’re starting with if we have one.

Also the reasoning behind the recent increase in admission price as I’m struggling with it, the attendances last year weren’t good at all neither were the performances. 

25 minutes ago, Gavinr said:

Before the Leigh home game in his Pre match speech Chairman Said that they are starting a new Limited company with Directors so the co-op model will be finished 

Really, nothing mentioned abut that on Thursday.I would have thought it would have been.These directors are going to need a substantial amount of dosh.

39 minutes ago, mickhornet said:

Ben Moores,Seta Tala, Joe Ryan signed up,in talks with the agents of a few more.

Agents. That bugs me. 

Even with the lack of cash in the game, there still has to be someone, somewhere making money off other peoples backs'. 

So there’s no one on a contract from last years squad, maybe a good thing!

Losing Joe would be horrible but hopefully Seta signing will keep him here. I’d hope Toby Adamson stays as he is real quality, Dec Gregory looks a good player, with the players that have left I’m struggling to pick out others I’d be upset to leave! 

On 22 October 2018 at 12:28 PM, The Baron Mk11 said:

Saw Joe on Milkstone Road last night, fleeting conversation went "Are you signing Joe?" "Maybe next week" was the reply... suppose we will just have to wait and see.

Well he was right. You should have asked him who he was signing for though.  Maybe he was heading for the railway station to get the train to Yorkshire.

50 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Well he was right. You should have asked him who he was signing for though.  Maybe he was heading for the railway station to get the train to Yorkshire.

He was walking in the opposite direction, and he knew which club I was talking about, as I said before, we will just have to wait and see, by the way, he was still limping.........

• 1 month later...

The last time it was mentioned it was just after the none elections.Paul Ormerod is President, Andrew Kelly was an elected unopposed director. Then two people Peter Rush and Brian Belfield were co opted. I think Emon Ratu is co opted as well. It could have changed but members have not been told. Peter Rush was elected chairman by the board

Success does not consists in never making blunders,but in never making the same one the second time.

https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/rochdalehornets/

Seems odd that there is no publicly-available information on who the board are. Maybe membership organisations dont have to publish though - but you have to wonder why they would not want to. If it was a limited company they would be required to publish who was on the board.

Difficult to know whats going on, either as a member of the public or apparently as a member of the club. 

17 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Seems odd that there is no publicly-available information on who the board are. Maybe membership organisations dont have to publish though - but you have to wonder why they would not want to. If it was a limited company they would be required to publish who was on the board.

Difficult to know whats going on, either as a member of the public or apparently as a member of the club. 

Plenty going on, check the Twitter Feed and the clubs own web site.

9 hours ago, The Baron Mk11 said:

Plenty going on, check the Twitter Feed and the clubs own web site.

Sorry dont do twitter. Checked the clubs own website. Under our club is says directors and under that tab it lists only Paul Omerod. Maybe its my computer playing tricks or maybe its somewhere else on the website but I cannot find it. You would think the directors should be listed under "directors" and maybe they are..

5 hours ago, Anita Bath said:

Sorry dont do twitter. Checked the clubs own website. Under our club is says directors and under that tab it lists only Paul Omerod. Maybe its my computer playing tricks or maybe its somewhere else on the website but I cannot find it. You would think the directors should be listed under "directors" and maybe they are..

Do you own a telephone? Mr Kerr, I'm sure will answer any questions you have.

Seriously, I am not sure thats the answer.  If members of the public want information on the club they have to phone the club up? I am sure the club staff are already stretched as it is without taking calls of that sort. What is the problem with having listed under the current heading 'Directors' the name of the clubs directors? 

I am obviously missing something here.

I think that it is down to cash and the lack of willingness to part with any, moving away from being called a Director with the associated benefits without parting with any of the Queens currency for the privilege. The original group of Directors have now gone apart from one.

Directors are being sought that will be willing to assist in funding the operation - and quite rightly so assisting Paul Ormerod with the burden.

Minimum requirement to become a Director should be 10k.

I have heard tales of Directors hounding the club to recover loaned amounts as small as 1k.

Archived