So, what have we learned???

Just now, DavidM said:

Sometimes being seen as a ‘ utility ‘ doesn’t do you any good when looking for a rep jumper . He certainly for starters needs a set spot you’d think 

He wants to play 6. He has said that himself. The trouble is, Albert Kelly is a very good 6 himself, and unlike Connor, can't really play anywhere else but the halves. In most other teams I daresay Connor would be a no brainer to play 6. 

It is both a blessing and a headache that arguably our two best players are both 6s.

I think we have learnt that we now have some depth to the squad and potentials for the next few years.

Here is my take on the players that could easily be playing for England/GB over the next 2 years (some have less of a chance than others obviously)

Fullback

Lomax, Tomkins, Connor, Hardaker, Walker, Ratchford, Shaul

Wing

Makinson, McGilvery, Johnson, Hall, J. Burgess, Manfredi, Charnley

Center

Connor, Gildart, Percival, Lyne, Watkins, Griffin

Halves

Williams, Tomkins, Myler, Connor, Gale, Richardson, Widdop, Sneyd

Prop

T. Burgess, G. Burgess, Thompson, Hill, Graham, Walmsley, Lees, Taylor, Oledzki, Singleton, Mulhern

Hooker

Hodgson, Clarke, Roby, McShane, McIllorum, Houghton

Second row

Bateman, Whitehead, Greenwood, Currie, S. Burgess

Loose forward

O’Loughlin, Thompson, Milner, S. Burgess, Ward

Have I missed anyone out?

Does anyone see Manfredi as potentially growing into the FB role? He does catch well, is fast, and a very good returner. Sure he's not a FB/HB play maker type with a great passing game like say Gigot or Tomkins however he could be good at FB.

I suppose the issue here is even to play at FB Wigan isnt the place as they have Zak and Escare!    Similar to Kelly and Connor for the 6 at Hull. 

Archived